xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rip

Dns Topic question qbout dns

....im really not sure about this dns... does it mean that if i have a website name example.trap17.com then ive created a subdomain at freedns.afraid.org with a subdomain name example.afrit.org... it has a the same content from the example.trap17.com ?... please explain this .... :)

Maybe you haven't used the search form in this forum, because it's almost impossible not to find nothing about this. But I'll explain it to you for more convenience:When you apply for your free hosting on Xisto.com you can either choose a subdomain (name.trap17.com) or a domain (name.com). The subdomain is free, but it's a little longer and if you want to start a business, a community or whatsoever you should buy a domain name.There are a lot of hosting sites that allows domain registrations on the Internet. You could use google to search for this. Some sites offer you only the domain name (name.com) for about 5$/year, that means that the domain chosen is your property, registered on your own name.After you paid for that domain, it should pass about 1 day to be fully functional. Then you'll login in the members area with the details that the site where you bought the domain gave you and you'll see that you can change DNS settings.Go there and enter the DNS settings of Xisto.com in case you chose that domain name when you applied for your free hosting in this forum. You should wait about 1 day more and you'll see that you can access your domain. Now you can upload the files of your site and get your businness started.Why do you need to signup with Xisto hosting and enter the DNS details?Because you only bought the domain name (name.com), but they haven't offered you any hosting space, only that name.I think that I covered most part of the need of entering the DNS nameservers. If you have any other questions about this, I'm ready to answer you.

....im really not sure about this dns...

does it mean that

if i have a website name example.trap17.com then

ive created a subdomain at freedns.afraid.org with a subdomain name

example.afrit.org...

it has a the same content from the example.trap17.com ?...

please explain this .... :)

182138[/snapback]

Hey rip!

well, DNS stands for Domain Name Servers which in layman terms you will say that a shortcut to reach to an ip address....for example, you go to http://yahoo.com/ this is the domain name which is pointed to a particular Ip address.

And this DNS resolves NAME to IP, so you have to remember yahoo.com not the IP address of Yahoo.com

Now, freedns.afraid.org is a service which actually helps those people who want to host their site at their home or anywhere else but don't have a static Ip address.

Because, Domain name or SUB domain will point to one Ip address, so you wont be able to host the site properly as the IP ADDRESS IS NOT STATIC and freedns.afraid.org helps those people by allowing those people to mention more Ip address or you can say Dynamic IP address to help them host their website without any problems....thier name server address will become a static but at the backend...their system will be playing around with Dyanmic Ip addresses.

I don't know why you took the subdomain from them as you already have one with Xisto.

If you think that it was too technical then let me know and I'll try and make you understand in much simpler words...but that will take time because this post itself has gone too long and if i'll try and explain you from scratch in much simple words then that will make it much much lenthier and I'll have to find out some time for that to write.

I hope this helps you!

freedns.afraid.org ? :) hi,you are using the same dns service with me>_<..and you have yourname.afraid.org it can be set to the A record to your 69.50.188.18then you bind it to your host on the cpanel>>parked domain.you will got the same results as you visit yourname.trap17.com or yourname.afraid.org.i think.guangdian

topic resolved. closed (since a GUEST is starting to spam this forum again).