xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ralphie

How Do I...

i just got a subdomain and now i need to put my site together. i have my layout for my site built in dreamweaver but i dont know where to transfer the code for each page to in order to host it. i know this is a noobish question but ive never done this before. thanx

IE != Mozilla :angry:

Back when Netscape was king and people only coded for NS (long time ago, but it did happen), Netscape's UA string had "Mozilla" in it (it stood for "Mosaic Killa", making fun of Mosaic, the other browser at the time). Most coders would search for "Mozilla" to generate content, and in order for IE to get any kind of use at all they too had to put "Mozilla" in the UA string. It's kinda like how Opera and Konqueror allows you to identify as IE right now :rolleyes:

What I'd recommend you is to use a Ftp client to upload your website, because Cpanel is confucing at first, I had a lot of trouble at first when I started using Cpanel, so I used a Ftp client and it was a lot easier, also make sure the the index.html doesn't have the "I" capitalized because it won't work, it happend to me, I uploaded everything to publich.html but didn't work until I named everything including index.html without capitalization and everything worked perfectly :rolleyes: