xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rip

Xbox Live Modding gotten out of hand

I have been on xbox live for some time now and the modding on it has gotten out of hand. Mad

On my old website I wrote:

The auto-update for Halo 2 has been released and has brought much joy and confusion. First of all, the patch did not stop all cheating. Second, there have been reports of people finding a way around the patch. This means that modding will still be widespread and bungie can do nothing to stop it.

I just would like everyone to know, that although modding is cool, it is not meant to be done in a ranked environment. Do it on Xbconnect or at LAN parties, not on Xbox Live. :)

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Poor title Xbox used. Make your descriptions better. Don't use la. Use quote tags instead of speech-marks to determine quoted text even if it is from your website. Warned.
Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

well welcome to the world of consol hacking i only can imaging what people are doing for final fantasy 11.

I haven't got a XBOX console and I don't think I'll buy one since I'm not playing very often on my personal computer. Anyway.. I don't think you get the same performance as on your personal computer, because its hardware isn't upgradable. Anyway, I wish you good luck with modding.

I think that modding is ok as long as its fair to other players. Like Phantasy Star Online for example. They mod weapons to look like weapons from Final Fantasy and Dragonball Z, they are maxxed out but they arent like completely unfair. However hacking the game is a different story, like in Halo making your team invincible or inf ammo. That is unfair and I bleive it should be stopped. But there is nothing you can do about it.(AWith the exception of choosing not to do it yourself) So all I can tell you is yes, modding is fun and should be allowed in a moderate setting. But overuse of this feature to self benifit in ranked games is wrong and immoral.

I have been playing Xbox Live Since Counter-Strike Was released (for XBOX of course, I have been a CS Player on my computer for years, since the mod baby yeah!). I have not personaly came accross anyone modding (oh yeqah and I am a modder myself) on Counter-Strike just alot of cheaters (like dual TV sets with one player spectating and one playing its called Ghosting or LAN Hacking).I don't ever even suggest hacking, modding, or doing anything that any average Noob (unexperienced player) can't do with his store bought game or disk. However, if ALL players are willing and able, hacking modding, and well anything else that is added to a game after release is always fun if you liked the game to begin with and even if you didn't. I just don't like it when I am playing a game for the first time and I get owned (killed bruttally) by a player with a hack who otherwise may not beat me in fair conditions.Remember, counter-strike was just a mod in the begining, now it is the most played game in history (really, look it up on google).Cheating is fun when all players know about it, and can opt in or out of the cheating madness. If you dissagree, your mom is your sister and your dad is her cousin.