xisto Community
sxyloverboy

My 9hr Vector. Fallen Girl.

Alright heres is a vector i did all of today and a bit of yesterday. In total it was nine hours of work. I am very new to vectoring and i have only done 3 vectors in total which of none are of this much work. just some small stuff.

Alright here it is:

Posted Image

And here is a link to my refrence(which i took myself):

Posted Image

Please tell me what you think and give me tipps to improve myself. I kinda messed up the mouth and chin area so dont look to much there.

and does anybody know how to find out how many anchor points a picture has in illustrator CS2?

-Lucas

nice job except for the face it looks like thier is a horses head on the girls body, you have to look at it closely to see what im talking about. but still good though.

Better than any vectoring I could do anyways. But yes, the face does somewhat resemble a horse's face lol. Looks good though, and why did you pick that picture, any specific reason?

his mouth and noes looks like a ox... no harm. just commenting...the waist looks flat...the converse is grreat.. good work...

Nice work! I wish I have the patient to do some vectoring, 9 hours is WAY too long for me. I don't think I can squeeze that leisure activity in my schedule right now cuz it's just crazy!Again, nice work! Kudos to you. It's only your 3rd vector? Keep at it!

That is pretty good. I'll give you a hint and anyone else that may read this may get a good understanding as well. When working with graphics it is a really good idea to increase the size of the image way, way larger than you intend the finishid piece to be. So much larger in fact that you can't even hardly tell where you are without zooming out. For instance if you had enlarged the photo to an extent that only part of the lips showed on your monitor when tracing with the vector layer you would not have had to worry to much about being perfect and when you shrank your vector image down you would easily see near perfection without even sweating it, or even having to have much artistic talent, you have a computer, it is a great tool use it to it's limits. Continue on and you will be able to do a pice like this in less than two hours easy. Good luck. :lol: P.S. This trick works with all graphic design images when you really need to get the hard part of the detail work done.

That is pretty good. I'll give you a hint and anyone else that may read this may get a good understanding as well. When working with graphics it is a really good idea to increase the size of the image way, way larger than you intend the finishid piece to be. So much larger in fact that you can't even hardly tell where you are without zooming out. For instance if you had enlarged the photo to an extent that only part of the lips showed on your monitor when tracing with the vector layer you would not have had to worry to much about being perfect and when you shrank your vector image down you would easily see near perfection without even sweating it, or even having to have much artistic talent, you have a computer, it is a great tool use it to it's limits. Continue on and you will be able to do a pice like this in less than two hours easy. Good luck.  :lol:

P.S. This trick works with all graphic design images when you really need to get the hard part of the detail work done.

205386[/snapback]

Misspelled finished and piece, sorry about that.

Vector is good but there is many faults just like the leg shapes is too long, as well as many people point out on the shape of Face and Hairs but anyhow its really a good try............Keep it up as well as tell me also from where I can teach about vectors.Regards,ZaarooN