xisto Community
Shadow

How Do I Make The Login Script?

i want to add a login script to my page, can anyone tell me how???

thanx in advance!

Just find "Leech Protect" or w/e in your cpanel, you can choose to p/w protect any folder you wish.

If you want something different try hotscripts.com.

it varies on how you want to do it, if you want a universal password for "members" to join i can whip you up a flash login and then you can have the password harder to obtain then by just pw folders and files unfortunatly it stores that info somewhere in some form of text file that can be achieved if someone wants it bad enough, granted the same goes with a flash login but can take and work around that multiple ways that makes it alot harder. Let Me know i got you on msn and yahoo messenger i will be home after 530pm est tommorrow.

im looking for more of what trystim said, but kinda not.. like i mean i want a log-in where people can join and when they log-in it shows latest news and stuff.. kinda like the Xisto portal but for my site

so then if i am thinking right you are wanting it so that when they enter their username and password they are redirected to a "news" section of your page from which they can navigate to other places from that page but see the information you need/want them to see first?

im looking for more of what trystim said, but kinda not.. like i mean i want a log-in where people can join and when they log-in it shows latest news and stuff.. kinda like the Xisto portal but for my site

This is probably a stupid answer, but why not just use PHP-Nuke, or PostNuke to run your whole site? I mean you obviously want to script it personally, but why not just use one of those two CMS's?

I also need something like that of killahg, but i want my own to be done in PHP scripting. So that someone (members) can log into my forums through the login in my homepage.

Can someone pls help me with that? I will be most grateful to you for that. Anyone who can do that, please tell me so that I will PM my Yahoo! messenger ID to you and/or send you a mail.

THank you in advance.

I also need something like that of killahg, but i want my own to be done in PHP scripting. So that someone (members) can log into my forums through the login in my homepage.

Can someone pls help me with that? I will be most grateful to you for that. Anyone who can do that, please tell me    so that I will PM my Yahoo! messenger ID to you and/or send you a mail.

THank you in advance.

You could use an iframe and load the login page inside that, or a second login page, just copy the forum one and customixe it, you a 'web designer' you should know how to do all that, Im only 15 and its easy to me...

P.S. I like the template you have used on your site, where did you get it from? Also you need to check your site, some text is overlapping the main content and you have alot of pages missing...

P.S. I like the template you have used on your site, where did you get it from? Also you need to check your site, some text is overlapping the main content and you have alot of pages missing...

I designed the template myself and from the scratch. I know that some of the links are not working for now. It is because the website is still been designed by me and I am stil making lots of changes in there. I should be finishing it in about one week or so.
Thanks for the compliments.

Well, you could create a login that uses cookies like the forum does. Just find the script and define the PHP terms.. and you're all set.I could probably make it work completely, the only thing you would have to do is to see if the cookies are set, etc, etc..

thanx for the help everyone! i think i will go with something like phpnuke, but theres still one problem, i dont know how to work it =/. some help with that would be appreciated!again, thanx in advance!

Well, you could create a login that uses cookies like the forum does. Just find the script and define the PHP terms.. and you're all set.
I could probably make it work completely, the only thing you would have to do is to see if the cookies are set, etc, etc..

The problem here is that i do not even know how to make the script and I am choked there. i dont even know how to make a login script that uses cookies.

Zenchi Please help me if you can.

If you are looking for a php login script goto Phpfreaks and get one from there, I have seen many there so u should be able to find a free one that suits you. There are some which run of mysql databases with members, dunno if thats sufficient but try it out :rolleyes: