xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dunivan

What Is...going On With Our Country?

i think i figured out where everything is leading with our country....

we start losing alot of soldiers in iraq, followed by bush abusing his power to put bolton in, it follwed by him not talking with the women in front of his home as hes on a 5 week vacation, Katrina hits, new orleans devastated, gas goes up to 3.00 a gallon..., now im hearing the truckers are going to strike b/c of gas, which will lead to costs going up in food and other everyday objects.

i think whats really going on is were gonna hit a recession hardcore style

what do you guys thing, is this a well rooted theory or is it just b.s?

open to all feedback

just noticed it all today at school.

also, did bush strech us a little to thin security wise in our country, or is barely any national gaurds or food and water going to the gulf coast b/c thats how our country rolls

sorry all the non US blokes if applicable mean no offence, just stating a trend i see coming

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Please read the forum description for What Is...? Moving from What Is...? to Regional Affairs > United States
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

I personally think it's not going to happen. Did you know that the women in front of his house have already talked with him? He already interviewed them and they just think they should be treated specially. I think the border of Mexico should be coverd with an electric fence. Did you know that 2 illegal immegrants tried to steal from a guys ranch, and since his gaurd drove them away, they went to court and got his ranch!!! He defends himself, and he loses his ranch for it. They come here illiegally and do an illegal thing, and they get a 70 acre ranch for it!! Talk about unfair!!I also think that illegal immegrants should be shot on site by Border Patrols when they try to come in.

Recession?  We've been in a recession.  Without talking in relation to political parties, it is intuitive that the VAST inscrease in goverment speding will be followed by tremendous inflation and a true depression the likes which we haven't seen.

-reply by dave

What is wrong with our country - the United States? I think you ought to look at the big picture. The main problem is that we have trouble competing with the developing countries. The US is in a pretty good position to compete with Western European countries. Simply look at the GDP growth rates of the last 10 years or so. Then, you know. But, if you look at the growth rates of some of the developing countries. You'll notice a fairly big difference between those countries and the US. That primarily has to do with the difference in labor cost. The low cost of labor of the developing countries gives them a big edge when competing with us. I don't think their products have great quality. But, a lot of times, people prefer to spend less money on things that have acceptable quality. The business men in those developing countries have strong desires to growth their businesses. They are rewarded greatly if they succede. They are very aggressive.The businesses are typically fairly young and have been growing quickly. They don't have enough qualified employees. They are not well organized. Those also contribute to their low cost of labor.I think that is the main problem with the US. folks.

The latest that I can thin of is the controversy over the climate change effects and treaty that are being followed by the nations worldwide and how US is forced to oblige. At the conference in Copenhgen, the participants of the UNFCCC meet for the last time on government level before the climate agreement need to be renewed. This is because of the fact that the so called Kyoto Protocol is going to cease in 2012. But there are more urgent needs than that and addressed to now. A total of 8000 people from about 170 countries participated in that Copenhgen Protocol and US was one of the leaders. But with the global threat to climate change due to vast industrialization in the US, there is a great demand from the world community on the US to reduce emissions and have stricter rules.