xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Microsoft

New Orleans About flood, ect.

:) if new orleans is a small hill upside down like this:

--___--

where ___=New Orleans

and the water comes from -- -- why dont they leave that country, or make a solution? I know its hard but like you can avoid people getting killed, maybe they should build the second wall of china :D good thing i dont live there (poor people) :(:)

I saw a video of the disaster on the msn home page the MSNBC News. It was horrible. if you want to see it go to, wait youll need IE to see it, go here:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/9120777/

and down a bit where it says:

? Stormchasers' extreme hurricane footage

My teacher told me in class :D

-Microsoft

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Moving from General Talk to Regional Affair
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

well of course the situation gets worse, new orleans is in complete anarchy, police have quit, gangs taking over, people shooting at the soldiers who are trying to rescue them, this is a lost cause i see our country getting ready to lose all control of everyone, and i wouldn't be the only saying im not helping you guys out this is your problem.

well of course the situation gets worse, new orleans is in complete anarchy, police have quit, gangs taking over, people shooting at the soldiers who are trying to rescue them, this is a lost cause i see our country getting ready to lose all control of everyone, and i wouldn't be the only saying im not helping you guys out this is your problem.

181503[/snapback]

I heard on news there are snake problems there and fire ants, so maby they might keep gangs off the streets and maby police can get in there and get order in the city.

well, actually the problem was already kind of solved until an, excuse my french, ignorant head of state decided that the money for it could be used more destructive:

As you pointed out, New Orleans is almost completely built on grounds lower than sea level. To stop water from the sea flowing into the city, dykes were built all along the coast (just like in the Netherlands, where almost all of the country is below sea level). Unfortunately, the earth below the dykes is very wet and can't hold the *person*'s weight, so the *person* slowly sinks down. Therefore it has to be renewed every, or at least every other year - this was supposed to be done last year but then the funds were taken from *person* repairing to the Department of Homeland Security and the war against Iraq. Given that the war on Iraq is already somewhat expensive for the US, I can not understand why someone decided that the US can't afford to spend 745 million dollars over a couple of years on an effective homeland protection when the war against Iraq consumes that much within a few days.

Last year, the army engineer in charge of the *person* project, Al Naomi, said about the budget cuts "I can not tell exactly what this will mean when we get a heavy storm during the hurricane season but I can tell you that we'd make a better stand with intact dykes." (1)

ok, so the government ordered to evacuate the city days before the storm arrived but: People were simply ordered to leave and did not receive any support from those who were supposed to protect them, therefore the poor people amongst the city's population were unable to leave due to the costs. As some of you can probably tell, quite a lot of those who could have been able to pay for leaving the city didn't do so because this would have left a huge cut in their budget...

anyways, as a good Christian, I can only welcome the total devastation of New Orleans (2) =/

(1) Unfortunately, I have only a german source for this and had to re-translate it myself: http://www.freace.de/artikel/200509/010905b.html

(2) http://www.repentamerica.com/pr_hurricanekatrina.html