xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

10 Yr Old Girl Becomes Microsoft Qualified no bs

today while i was searching for something completely different i found this.

Thursday, July 14, 2005
In smarts, she's a perfect 10
'Pakistan's girl wonder' is likely the youngest certified Microsoft expert

By TODD BISHOP
SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTER

Sitting down for a personal meeting with Bill Gates this week, 10-year-old Arfa Karim Randhawa asked the Microsoft founder why the company doesn't hire people her age.

Under the circumstances, the question wasn't so unreasonable.

Arfa, a promising software programmer from Faisalabad, Pakistan, is believed to be the youngest Microsoft Certified Professional in the world. The designation, given to outside experts who prove their ability to work with Microsoft technologies, has also been achieved by some teenagers. But it's far more common among adults seeking to advance their computer careers.

Arfa received the certification when she was still 9, an impressive accomplishment in its own right, according to older programmers who have gone through the process. And others called it an encouraging sign of the continued emergence of women in a country where they have historically struggled to advance.

The situation illustrates "another side" of Pakistan, said Anand Yang, director of the University of Washington's Jackson School of International Studies. "That's another reason to celebrate someone like her."

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ here is the rest of the article.

ok im like completely shocked ;):o:P:P:o

this has to blow some people minds, that 10 yrl girl from pakistan, pulled this off, that would have to mean her IQ is like topping at 160-200 somewhere around their. i don't think anyone would be able to pull that off, of course the members here on Xisto are pretty young, but still at 9 she just started here goal to becoming bill gates rival if she could whip out some sick looking programs (OS, browser, video game system:) then he will have some problems, but sad thing is that she will get a internship when turns 15. of course then she talking about going to hardvard or MIT, well with a microsoft salary she might pull that off.

This is just insane....she has to have a really high IQ... What is the minimum age for her to join the microsoft expert team?? I heard something like this before. In America their would be a boy from 12 years old doing his second universatary study. Here in the Netherlands their's a girl doing 'only' her first universatary study.

well regulations state you have to be 15 to have a part time job, and then when your 18 (thus completing school) then you can go full time, but with other countries children could start working right after they are born, but that something completely different.

Yes, I saw the same news in Al-zajeerah some days ago. They even interviewed her when she went to Dubai city in United Arab Emirates. And I wonder how mature she speaks. If you visit al-zajeerah.net website I hope you can still get this new piece. Kids wonder usually become a dull one when they become mature. I hope she will not become one of those.

Oh great.. Thank you St. Michael for posting and thank you Arfa for confirming that I am not special anymore ;)I feel like the biggest failure right now. When I was 10 I was lucky if I brought back my lunch box home. My biggest enjoyment was finding a slug and pour salt all over it. My daily study included addition of double digits and reading for some school challenge. Even then, reading 10 pages was hard enough! And I was so proud of myself when I graduated from my masters...at early 30s because I shaved 1 year ahead of my schedule... LOL I guess I shouldn't gloat in front of Arfa.

I'm 12 and I still do programming but I gotta say a microsoft on 10! Man I can't even find a course to take programming in my city at my age its way to hard to learn from books! I LIVE IN SPOKANE, WA, USA SOMEONE FIND A COURSE THAT I COULD TAKE GRRR!Oh yeah and I know html pretty well I wanna learn java ;)not sure if 3 post in a row is concidered spam with this system lol you can not count these if you mods don't wanna. I been learning html scence 4th grade so... when I was 9-10 I was starting :o

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Even posting two in a row is considered SPAM. Please use the REPORT! button (located at the bottom of every post) and let us know what to add. Merging.

The skill, I'd say.This is insane, I think. I mean I wish her luck and everything, but how does a pakistani girl get to program in the first place?Firstly (no racism intended, or any sexism or anything, really.) Pakistan is supposedly this poor country, from what I know, where women are mistreated, and such. So how does a girl get access to those resources prior to that age?Secondly, she eventually matured/advanced into adolescence, I'd think she'd begin being subject to those generally degrading femine laws there (the head coverings, etc?)Props to the girl, most defintely, but that's just awesome.Mr. Panda

They probably went soft on her... I'm not saying that she's not smart, but what would you do if a ten year old girl would walk into your office to take an exam like that!? I'm very suspicious about this, especially after everything I have seen here in Serbia... Let me say a few words about Marko Tasic, the "wonder kid" from Leskovac, Serbia.

He started blabbing about some compression algorithm made by himself that could fit the entire contents of the Belgrade National Library's books on a single CD! Then, he started to convince people that he found a way to make your old Pentium 1 machine run as fast as a Pentium 3 one!!! Now, here's the cherry on top of the cake: He claimed that he got his "doctor's degree" in only one week after starting off his studies on the New York Institute of Technology!

What's wrong with this picture? Well...

1. Nobody has ever seen his work, nor did he ever demonstrate his work!
2. Running a Pentium 1 machine as fast as a Pentium 3 is silly!
3. Compressing an entire national library along with all of the pictures on only one CD? DREAM ON!
4. You cant get a doctors degree in the New York Institute of Technology at all!
5. He demanded to get more than 100000$ from his sponsors so that he can continue his studies in New York... But, a one year fee for studying on Harvard is 45000$, up to 52000$, and for his university, it's only 18000$ to 19000$!!!

Before his trip to the USA, the city of Leskovac sponsored his flight! (Thats pretty expensive for a poor small town!) He even received a medal for his "efforts"!

During his scamming days he was on TV, in the newspapers and was topic number 1! They called him "the Serbian Bill Gates"! :)

Even his family was involved in this scam! His grandfather claims that he built a robot when he was only 10 years old that helped his grandmother around the house (by picking up breadcrumbs and food leftovers from the kitchen)!!! LOL!!!

Eventually, his lies were exposed by a forum ( http://www.elitesecurity.org/ ) here:

http://www.elitesecurity.org/t72240
(and many others, but I dont want to belch out a whole lot of links here that you wont be able to understand)

- This link is the link to the topic that Marko Tasic posted, claiming that he found something "marvelous"... He wrote a piece of code in C++ that could start a JAR java file (a simple execution command, very few lines of code, two words NOTHING SPECIAL)... But, JAR files can be executed within windows with a simple double click!!! Many members of that forum explained that to him, but he was apparently so mad that he registered as a new user and posted something like "Wow, that's great! Keep up the good work man! I even heard that you sold this program for some cash! Don't let these guys discourage you!"

He was busted, as you can see! He even didn't bother to hide his IP! :D

He laid low after that and after many additional embarrassments on that forum (such as posting an way better compression algorithm for images than JPEG, once again, he was exposed)...

He even got busted in a whole newspaper article:

http://www.elitesecurity.org/pub/im006159%20genije.jpg (it's in Serbian, so don't expect to understand it, but you get the picture)

I thought that this was the end of the story... but apparently NO:
He appeared on TV again claiming that he developed a programming language that even a beginner and any advanced user can use! Developing programs using this programming language can enable you to run your applications in Windows, Linux, BSD,... and any other operating system!...
See for yourself and look at this sick joke!!!
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (this site is in English, so you can understand it)

This is Marko Tasics home page: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (poorly designed and barely functional with 60% blank pages, hows that for a web site of a super genius???)

Again, no concept, no examples, no NOTHING! ONLY EMPTY PROMISES AND LIES!

If anybody around here lives in New York and runs into a man named "Marko Tasic", please wrap him up in some tin foil and mail him over here so that we can all "run a Pentium 1 PC with the same speed as a Pentium 3 PC together"! :)

So, you see, dont believe anything you see on TV! You all know that TV stations will do anything to bulk up a story and rise it above the clouds!

BTW: thablkpanda, thanks for pointing that out! VERY true!

BTW2: The girl obviously isnt that mature... I mean:

Sitting down for a personal meeting with Bill Gates this week, 10-year-old Arfa Karim Randhawa asked the Microsoft founder why the company doesn't hire people her age.

Can be translated into something like this:

Q: Bill, why cant you hire me to work for you!?
A: Because working in Microsoft is not an exact equivalent of lollipops and rainbows, my dear!

I thinks its true think to your self why not hehe... age doesnt really matter what matters is how smart and what can you do, if shes that smart know shell be great when she grows older, shell probably invent something, i dont know maybe some new technology that would make the world a better place. :)

Marko is a bad example I think, and I find it bad also to justify the fact that this girl will do anything similar to him. I can't come up with a counter-analogy for you yet Mike, because i'm thinking rather slowly, but We COULD expect big things from this girl.However, again, it's quite possible that a scam exists. Sorry to be the pessimist (sp?)Panda

Actually, Marko Tasic is not comparable with this girl! I used Marko as an example in order to show how some TV stations can overdo it sometimes!Still... Pakistan + Female + Computers = ? (I'm not being a racist, but this doesn't add up, sorry :) )However, if her parents were able to provide her with a good life in Pakistan, while keeping her safe from racism (?You?re a girl! You can?t do this, and you can?t do that!?), and providing her with a computer, then we all should give them an applause! That's not an easy task to accomplish in such a country!

This is definetely blowing my mind out. To think that I am 21 years old and there is a ten year old little girl thats certified by microsoft, (dont get me wrong here, Im not jealous) I cant even imagine what she is going to be capable of doing when she is my age. Its the new generation of humans. Hasnt anyone else felt it? The kids from the next generations are a whole lot taller, and so advanced in technology and knowledge for their ages. Indigo is what they are calling these children I think.

hey this is going from the home of the microsoft Washington state, i know it still mind blowing, but now thinking WTF did she get the resources to do this, one, most of microsoft is expensive as hell, oh wait its not illegal in the middle to sell bootleg computer software thats right.that answers that question, but really though i wonder how mich cash was thrown around to get her to go to that school hmmm....hey lets see if she can become a member on here and teach us a few things.