xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloHelp

Taking A Job Little Too Seriously we need more compassion

This little news is making a headline this morning. When a man was fleeing from his home to get to the shelter during Hurricane Katrina's devastating blow, he passed the red light due to the obvious reason. Wouldn't you rush and try to get to the shelter in reasonable non-reckless driving manner, right? A police officer pulled this guy over and sighted him with $200 speeding and disobeying traffic light ticket. I ask you America, what was this police officer thinking? The officer's reply, when the driver told the reason, was the police officer didn't trust the driver's response for driving in hurry to get to the shelter to get away from the Hurricane. The officer told that the driver could be a fleeing criminal.Is this what America is boiled down to? Are we so mindless and lost our own conscious that we completely lost a speck of compassion from our lives? This is the most idiotic human behavior since Starbucks charged $3.00 for a bottle of water for all those fire fighting men during The September 11th. What kind of immoral, self-centered, capitalistic, mindless drone charges fire fighting men, who are tired, hot and shocked, bottles of water when they are performing a civic duty?Edit: spelling correction in the title.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Of course it's really stupid what the police officer did, but it ?s his duty. I think his boss, wouldn't be so happy if he's obeying orders. If the police does this ones, maybe the criminals think: Ahh, interesting, when there's a hurricane, I can flee. But of course, getting away from a hurrycane is more important then a red traffic light.

ok i don't the guy owns a tv maybe thats why, but still he has a job to do and remember, he has to protect everyone in a safe manner, so it is reasonable but still the cop had to realize what was going on.

It is really sad to hear how things have turned up with the people who are living in this so-called modern day and advanced world and especially a place like United States mostly we in the developing and poor countries thought you are all rich and will be generous enough to help others - specially the type of one you've just mentioned.... like firefighters and others. I called the traffic police behavior nothing but sort of stupidity. The law is to protect its citizens but in this case he is not using his common sense to prevail it for good in this kind of extra-ordinary situation.

That's incredibly mean in my opinion. Why in the world would a police officer not let him just get to his shelter? Seriously, just let them get to where they need to be, as long as they aren't detrimental to anyone else. It's a red light, and IN AN EMERGENCY! How could someone be so oblivious to someone's desire to live? He's a hole if you ask me, and deserves the ridicule he's recieving by being in the paper, if not more.

well, the thing is though most likly he quite after all i heard that alot of cops quit after the great flood of 2005.