xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DYABLO

Making Winrar Archives and adding password to winrar archives

****This tutorial will show you how to put files into .rar Archive and pass worded (if wanted)****

What You Will Need

Before continuing you will need a couple of thing, first of all you need WINRAR, which is a very powerful archive manager. It can reduce size for you email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other types of files downloaded from the internet.

You can get winrar at http://www.rarlabs.com/

The other thing is that make sure your using Windows XP because this is what I used to make this tutorial. I think it works with any other windows not sure though. IF your using older version of windows u might find some buttons in different locations. :o

~~How to archive your files into winrar~~

1) Find the files you will like to compress/archive make sure they are all in the same folder (easier)

Once you open the folder, highlight the files you which to archive/compress

Your screen should look like this

Posted Image

2) After doing that right click any file and select Add to Archive

Posted Image

3) After doing that you will get something like this

Posted Image

Where it says game1.rar thats the name of the archive that your are creating (name it as you wish)

4) You are Done after doing that you will get your archive

The archive will be located in the same folder you did all of the steps

Posted Image

~~How to add a pass word to your archive~~ (optional)

This is just if you dont want anyone else to see what you have in your archive.

After doing step #2

Posted Image (same as step #3)

Now to add the pass click the Advance tab located on the top of the pop up box and you will get something like this:

Posted Image

Once you get that, click Set Password and a new box will appear

Posted Image

Type Your pass word and retype it just to make sure you did it right and click OK and ok again. And after that you will get the same picture like step #4 but it will be password procted.

There you go you have succefully created a Winrar archive

author = DYABLO

Enjoy ;):P

The tutorial will work only if you enabled shell access thing. If you turned it off like me, you're gonna have to open WinRar (c:\program files\winrar\winrar.exe), click Add, and click the Files tab.

The tutorial will work only if you enabled shell access thing. If you turned it off like me, you're gonna have to open WinRar (c:\program files\winrar\winrar.exe), click Add, and click the Files tab.

181277[/snapback]

what do you mean Shell Access thing?

To enable the right-click menu of WinRar that you see in every file, directory you must first open WinRar, then go to OPTIONS menu and click the SETTINGS option. You'll choose the INTEGRATION tab in order to enable "Integrate WinRar into Shell". Now you can be sure that you have the right-click menu options that you were talking about in your tutorial above.

Note: Many people already have this option enabled, because it is set enabled by default (on installation), but if you haven't you can use my little tutorial that I writed above.

Enjoy Winrar! And have a good day!

Password for open?

Making Winrar Archives

How do I set a password in a way that when I try to OPEN the file it asks me the pwd? (It has not to let me even see the files it contains)

Thanks.

-reply by Cerebrado

Remove Password

Making Winrar Archives

Hi, I have a question, is there a way to remove a password to a file that I don't want to be protected anymore?

I mean I set the password 2 days ago and now I want it without the password(I know the password).

I have tried going to

File

Set default password, but theres no way to remove it, and when I change it, then I get a CRC error and the compresed file in the rar is missing..

Thanks for your help

-reply by Enrique

Removing the password from your WinRAR fileMaking Winrar ArchivesThe best way to remove the password from your WinRAR file is to extract the WinRAR file contents to a tempoary folder (it will require your password to do this).Then highlight these files and use WinRAR to Add them to a new archive - without any password.It's as simple as that!For more help on WinRAR go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ by InterestedKeywords: