xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dymondgurl

Site Content Question A question about site contents.

okay i was reviewing the TOS and i wasnt sure if some of the rules were for THIS forum or any forum that is created on a Xisto host. A user on my forum had an avatar with sexually explicit material on it. I removed it thinking the TOS didnt allow it. The user challenged me and asked for the link to the Xisto.com TOS. I posted the link for him so he could read it and review it. Upon reading it, he brought to my attention that the TOS could be for the Xisto.com forum and not forums created on the host.What say you, oh wise ones ;)

TOS clearly stats that when you use the service of Xisto, which includes the free web hosting service, any adult material is not to be hosted or available with the service. Which means when your site contains any of TOS contrabands, your service will be suspended or even terminated. You are responsible for your hosting--not your forum members. So whatever you say goes. ;)

We had, just few days ago, topic title called "Is this site content illegal?" http://forums.xisto.com/topic/26732-is-this-site-content-illegal-complaint-against-Xisto-hosted-site/ where OpaQue discussed about downloading some CokeStudio modifications. And the server administrator sent out an email to OpaQue saying that the issue must be resolved. Posting links to download those modification is not allowed in the forum AND a member's website. So you can see that Xisto's TOS applies for both the forum and your hosting.

Bottom line: the server administrators will periodically patrol around Xisto member's website. And if any thing against Xisto's TOS (which is also the TOS for this server) is found, the site is taken down immediately.