xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DYABLO

Microsoft's Halo To Become Movie Figured it would happen sooner or later

Microsoft's Halo to Become Movie

It's been a successful video game, and thanks to two deals signed Wednesday it could become a successful motion picture. A spokesman for Universal Pictures said that its studio, along with Twentieth Century Fox, had struck a deal with Microsoft to produce a movie based on the "Halo" and "Halo 2" video games.

The studios will pay Microsoft $5 million plus 10 percent of domestic ticket sales. According to reports, this number is lower than Microsoft wanted - the company had initially asked for $15 million and 15 percent of ticket sales. The studios hope to have the film released in the summer of 2007.

Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

So, I wonder if it is going to redo all the scenes from the games. Or a totally different story. Personally I hope they re-enact the games.I just hope this won't be a bust and become like a joke or something... ;)

Sounds really interesting. I would like myself to see that movie, and hopefully they going to do some good job on it. The game became the bestseller and gained milliions of fans all over the world, so I guess they can't fail with the movie and spoil the reputation of HALO.

o god, all I can see this becoming is a version of Harry Potter for an Older audience, except for the differences that this one started on a game instead of a book(Halo has been printed already) The games werent that great, want to see something better, go get a copy of Half-Life 2.Maybe i'm just picky or maybe it's just the unessicary talk about it at school about it that annoys me so much.Anyways, the movie might be good, so I'll probably check it out.

well since im a bgi movie buff i have to let you all no a little history about vdieo game movies they have been bombni since super mario came out back in the 90's, video games movies have a hard time making any money due to the fact, that directors barely stay with their ruoots in the game, so who knows halo could become a western with cowboyus and and indians (thats an example.)

Actually there is already a halo movie.Its done with Machenma(Proly spelled wrong) using the gaming engine to create cinamatics. Its also called Red vs. Blue My friends Wayne has it...Ill ask him where he got it. Then you guys can check it out.

thaty would proboly make a good movie The games sold out when they came out. The games were amazing. I could see this being a movie. The only difference is that in the move the main charector wont die like he would in the game

Halo isn't that game which is illegal in some countrys :s are they going to make a movie over that game kinda strange ... because the game is already illegal why making a movie of it ... well I don't know if I could see the movie because its illegal I hope becuase i loved the game anyway thats my oppinio but i would buy it anyway hehe i just love the game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Grtzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hmmm.... I Heard Alot About This Liek A Year Ago I Thought It Was Just A Joke And I still Do Now That It's Been A Year And No Movie Has Came Out.... I also Think It Wouldn't Be Such A Great It Hit.... The Whole Point Of Games Not Just Halo Is To Play Them Nott To Watch Them... It Wouldn't seel As Well As The Game Would So I Think This Is A Dead Idea ANd Might As Well Use The Money Saved Up For The Halo Movie(s) On A New GAMING Hit.... Because In The End They Would Make More Money ANd For Places Liek That Moneys The End Of The Line. All Comes Down To Which Way You Can make More Money.

- NightWolf

Ooh, a topic I like.Here's the deal w/ Halo fanatics. Most people are cool w/ the game, beating it only takes a few hours, and w/ two people even less. The real die hards are all about the multi player action. You can have two teams, up to 16 people, and you can play it from all over the world now! For an idea of what it's like, google halo movies. You'll get a lot of personal blog sites that people have edited game play from(PC version I guess). It's way better then the actual game play, w/ a lot more options and maps.The word on the movie is that they will either make one really long movie, or most likely a trilogy, if they can keep making money on them. The intro, or first part will be based on the Spartan army. These are the cyborg characters that you play as. As I understand it, there once was a whole army of them. They really want to get that story out there and tell what happened to that army. Then they would move onto the stories behind the Covenant, and the battles between the those species and the humans. There really is a plot behind the games. There are books too, but I haven't read them. I got the info from my bud who has read them and is an even bigger fanantic then I.

IMO, movies based on games are usually pretty bad. Ex. Tomb Raider, Doom, Mortal Kombat... the list goes on and on. These usually have a plot so diluted and flawed that they completely take away from the movie. Usually the game is at least twice as good as the movie, even if it is Mortal Kombat. I hope Halo flops and they never try to make another movie based on a first person shooter again...wishful thinking...