xisto Community
DjLuki

The Mayan Predictions end of life cycle

mayans answerThe Mayan Predictions

well the mayans are very smart people and they have predicted so much and have never been wrong like 9/11 they said two great steal birds will take the life of innocent people 

-reply by David

i dont think the world is going to end on that date, i mean it is not like they left a legit book saying, dooms day, its just the day the calendar ends, aka the cycle is complitedi used to be really paranoid about the world ending on that day, but, i think all that it is is A CYCLE, ending and restarting, thats it, not exactly the end,like for us and calendars, ours end on december 30, and its not the end of the world is it?a new year starts after and the process is repeated/well thats just my beautiful positive outlook, i wish we could truthfully know what is going to happen on that day, since everyone has a damn differet theory about it (church, science, myths etc)i know i will make 2012 the best year ever for me, just in case though ;panyone agree

Coo Coo CanThe Mayan Predictions

The world ends every day.  Yet as a world wide event who knows what or when that may happen?  I have been studying this for years, and have come to realize that this may be possible, depending on what we do from here on out?  Most likely though, global warming will happen faster than predicted, changing so much all over.  Earthquakes may increase.  Who knows?  We won't stop drilling for oil.  We won't stop polluting the oceans, or chocking the air.   

-reply by Mar Ram

Get a hold of yourself, people!The Mayan Predictions

They didn't say two steel birds would take the lives of the innocent, they said Two great birds will end a great northern town/city on 9/11/01. Plus this thing is scary, I agree with you, but wake up and smell the coffee! They didn't predict the end of the world, December 23rd, 2012 is just the end of the Mayan calendar. Anyways, if they were predicting doomsday, look at how many times the Apocalypse has been falsely predicted in the last while; 2000, 2006, and the list goes on and on and on. Who says 2012 is going to have a significant change? who says it is a different prediction, and everyone will die just because some random dude (who was probably doing cocaine) ended a calendar. Our calendar starts January 1st and ends December 31st, does that mean every December 31st I'll prepare myself for the worst? that I need to be scared for my whole life? does this mean I have to wake up, knowing millions of people believe that some religious dickweed said 'our calendar ends here.'?

-reply by The only person who knows what he is saying.

Like said before the mayan calendar never predicted the world to end on that day. It just ended. They can't keep going forever. Its kinda pointless because they figured someone could later on continue it. The end of the world has been predicted a bunch of times and so far none of them have came true cause guess what? I'm still here. If the Mayans were so good with predictions why arent they still around? Why counldnt they prodict there own downfall and stop it? If I'm thinking correctly it was there stupid prediction that doomed them in the end. But maybe that was the Aztecs. Anyway it still doesn't make any sence for them to have been conquered if they had such great profits. Dec. 21, 2012, is the end of a 394 year cycle called a Baktun. They ended it there because it was the end of the cycle. No other reason, simple as that. Hollywood and crazy people have hyped this up beyond belief.

I myself have never been through a terrible hurricane, terrorist attack, or have ever even went to bed hungry, but everyday I see some of the most unfathomable things happening all around the world, Did God intend on things being this way? Disease spreading through the world, hurricanes, earthquakes, terrorist attacks, parents killing their own children, children killing parents,  war, starvation of millions of people in underdeveloped countries, thousands of Americans losing their jobs, and everything they have, children placed in state foster care without families, women having abortions, sometimes more than one,  wildfire sweeping over thousands of acres of land, flooding, war, poverty, prostitution, addictions, greed, adultery, murder, suicide... I could go on and on, just the thought of this makes me sick, but that is the world as I know it, as we know it, and day after day it has consistently gotten worse, not better. Maybe God wants to wipe the slate clean, start new, or maybe everything that is happening is a result of an inconsequential sequence of events that has led us here. You can't use something over and over, day after day and not expect some sort of repercussion. And that is what we do, use. We use the world and now that we haven't taken care of it, it is probably going to punish us. But none the less, I am scared, because if I only have until December 21, 2012, which judging by today's date is just a little over three years, I fear that I cannot do what I want to do with my life, and I fear that my children wont ever have a life. And I hate not knowing something especially the fate of our world, or our destiny. But if the world shall end on that day, Dear Lord let it be over with fast...

-reply by Sad Mother Of Three

First of all.. Where is your faith? well if people start to think about this prediction and believe about this.. well that prediction will truely happenverily verily I said unto you.Mayans are false Prophets.. prophets will not say "the earth will explode or the earth will be destroyed" yet they will say about something nice and encouraging.The earth will not come into an end..!! Only God knows.. God will just make some modifications in our planet to clear all the wrong thingsbecause you know? if this world will explode.!! It's because of us... we never think about what will happen.... we refuse to know what was the worth of our mother nature.. we make things that will make some bad effect into our environment.. God will just repair the broken side of the earth and turn it back into it's normal form

In the year 2012, it will be the last year of my high school. If the twelve of the twelve of 2012 is really the end of the world, it would mean that I will not be able to go to university, pursue my career, and have a good and a great life. If this is the case, then well... what would I have sat the university entrance test for? Nothing!!!That means that all the years of education will have come to nothing if the world ends... now, do you think that I will allow that? Well, no. And that is why that I believe that this is not going to happen. :P Thoughts can change worlds, my friend.Plus, as someone said... let me see... um... Running with Scissors said, it might just as well be a cycle, and that means that we should all be proud that we are part of this new cycle, this new start. If it starts around every 394 years, then many generations have passes before this new cycle. shouldn't we be happy that we are part of it?Well, I am. :P

well...May be the peopel of maya ...Have predicted..The final day...But the question is does it really matter...We all are born ...And we have to die one day...Our final day...We can't do anything...Oracles can't predict anything...No one can do anything...If it has to...It is our destiny.

21.Dec 2012...We don't know how...What if  earth stop at his axis...Polarity change...Whatever happen's...May be it will not happen in 2012...It has to end ...Someday...You never ever predict...It come suddenly...And we will be the witness of the end...Or a witness of new start...

-reply by kiri

god this thread is still hanging in there I see. as I said someplace back there once before Poofy on this. for one how can the Mayans or Aztec as it really should be pick a day and yet a time for the earth to go poof? Maybe a day I can take but bringing it down to the time? something like 5:11AM EST? Come on now. If they can or could do that, they could have at least told us how it was gonna end. Nukes? Asteroids? Viruses ? how?

false information from school-scare tactic b.s.The Mayan Predictions

you are being told lies.The long count of the calender consist of 144,400 days and starts over. That is all.The same as our millinium going from 1999 to 2000.  

-reply by rick

First of all I live in Honduras a mayan tradition country and I maybe are an ignorant about them but I dont think the world will end in 2012. I only wait noone will kill himself to make the prediction true. And the mayans have a lot of misteries but I can know who said that? I mean there are a lot of persons that dedecates their lifes to understand the mayans and decrypt the statues and the monuments but until these days when I visited the Copan Ruins mayan complex The guy who guide only told me that nobody have could decrypt the mayans language so maybe the prediction is wrong.The only thing that can happen rigth now is a nuclear war. And if Russia attack US that is the most logical way to make a nuclear war I will be exposed. Of course but I think that a nuclear war is maybe not viable right now. I watched 2010 Moonsday last nigth and I am happy because I downloaded the film from a warez site instead of have gone to the theather to give my money because the movie is very very bad. I only can say you one thing: Dont be desperated and wait for the December 23, 2012 and we will know the truth very soon.

The Maya believed that everything ? including creation and destruction ? occurred in cycles. Their calendar spanned five cycles, each lasting approximately 5,200 years. At the end of each cycle before this one, the Maya believed the current, flawed creation had to be destroyed for the world to be born again. Some believe the end of the current cycle on December 21, 2012, is an apocalyptic sign. And those who see a connection between the complex and incredibly accurate Maya calendar and a prophecy that the world will end in 2012 point to an unexpected discovery made by Princeton University scientist Adam Maloof as proof.

It is the end of the Mayan calendar because they believed that something was going to happen that would change the life on Earth as we know it and start over or something along those lined. After doing some reading, apparently on this day there is supposed to be the maximum number of solar flares in the sun, and that also there is going to be a change in our solar system. Our solar system is currently located at the top of the Milky Way and has been for thousands of years. On that day we will be aligned with the galactic equator of the Milky Way and gravity will have a greater effect meaning the sun will be more powerful and we will start to drift to the bottom of the Milky Way. What this means for the Earth I am not really sure but there is going to be a change in our galaxy for sure as many events are scheduled to occur or climax on December 21, 2012 which apparently the Mayan knew. Whether the world will end I am not sure but, I do somewhat doubt it. I would recommend just living life as you would and not worry about it because if it were to happen there is nothing really that can be done anyway.

illustrated in the light of QuranThe Mayan Predictions

hello...I'hav been researching alot on this mayans activities and stuff..But I would like to share my feelings as being a muslim w.R.T Qur'an.

The stance of the Qur?an on this issue is clear from the following verse: ?They ask you [Prophet] about the end of the world, saying, ?When will it be?? How can you tell them that? Its time is known only to your Lord. You are only sent to warn those who fear it.? (Qur?an 79:42-45)

The point is that when Allah says that something is ?known only to your Lord?, it means that it is something that cannot be discovered by man, such as a person?s lifespan. Many people try to predict a number of things and we assume that, because of the advances in science and technology, we can also have knowledge similar to what Allah has. However, think about how many times the weather report has been wrong despite all the satellites and advanced equipment, how many people were supposed to die but lived, and how many people were supposed to have lived but died. All of these things remind us of how far we really are from Allah?s knowledge. As for using the Maya calendar, we need to stop and think about a number of things. First, how many predictions did they make? Second, what were their predictions about? Third, what was the rate of accuracy in all of their predictions and why they aren?t being used as mainstream evidence? Fourth, where did they get this knowledge from?

It is only Allah who knows and decides when the End of the World will be as it can be brought in at the blink of an eye as stated clearly in Quran 16:77:بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ أعوذ بالله من الشيطٰن الرجيموَلِلَّهِ غَيْبُ ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَٱلْأَرْضِ ۚ وَمَآ أَمْرُ ٱلسَّاعَةِ إِلَّا كَلَمْحِ ٱلْبَصَرِ أَوْ هُوَ أَقْرَبُ ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَىْءٍۢ قَدِيرٌTo Allah belongs the Unseen of heavens and earth and The Hour can come at the blink of an eye, or even nearer. Truly! Allah is capable of doing anything.

We must be very critical of people who claim to know the future. Most people who make such a claim are frauds while the others are merely guessing. It?s like horoscopes which are written in such a general way that people think they can actually tell the future when, in reality, they don?t. We shouldn?t be fooled by such things,even if they are packaged and presented in the name of science. Science is a very useful tool, but it is often misused and twisted to fit a certain agenda or just to sell a book. When all is said and done, remember that just because the sun has risen from the east for millions of years doesn?t mean that Allah can?t change it tomorrow and make it rise from the west.  We must remember that just as our own lives are in the hands of Allah, so is the life of the world, and He can end it whenever He likes. May Allah allow us to utilize our limited lives with what pleases Him before our time is up.

-reply by sherdil qureshi