xisto Community
midnightvamp

Please Take A Look At My New Site! The Chromlea Language Tutor

Hi, I just finished up this site - The Chromlea Language Tutor, and was hoping that you all could take a look... tell me what you think.

I already had this site, but I redid the entire thing, and then moved it over to Xisto, because obviously this is the best hosting there is... so I'm happy that I've finally got it up and running.

And hey... take a look at the forms! I'm very proud of those. Sorry... as some of you know from a few days ago, many posts and and man-hours went into those things. Forms obviously aren't my strong point when it comes to web-site construction. It took a *lot* of help from the people at these boards. To which I thank you a million times over.

Anyway, take a look... and of course, if you happen to see something that is all messed up, be sure to let me know about it. Thanks.

Here's the link:

Chromlea Language Tutor

(Mind you, the link should be in my signature too, but oh well...)

nice site very informative, keep up the good work

Thanks. I know it can't have everything on it, but little by little it's becoming quite big. It's such a fun site to do, because you keep learning new things in all sorts of languages... some I didn't even know existed! Anyway, don't worry about me keeping up the good work, because it's too fun not too :o

That's awesome! I'm learning spanish, and i now a british curse in spanish if you want it. I filled the form and sent it. I got it from when we were watching a PG-13 movie with Hugh Grant and spanish subtitles.

Heh... thanks! I received it! I'll add it up there on the next update that I do. Hugh Grant and subtitles... my friends ;) As for learning Spanish, way to go. Are you learning it because you want to, or is this a mandatory thing in school? I had to learn French in school... but don't know much of that and took it for seven years. I've been learning Japanese on my own for less than a year, and know more of it than French now! Crazy!

great idea, good site, i think in the form of add content could go a combo box(pop-up list) with the languages you have in the site

Very nice site, well organized with the tables and all. Nice and easy to navigate back to the homepage and through the phrases. And it looks totally firefox compatible!

One problem though and that is that it is html invalid, so some work could be done there.

Overall a very good website, it gets a rating of...

9.5/10

I love the concept of your site, very helpful. I must admit however, when I fist opened your site I thought it was one of annoying search pages that seem to pop up all over the place. I would have liked to see some sort of 'mouseover' effect on your links so I could be sure of which link I had selected. Whether it be a font color change or background color change, just some sort of change when I was over a link. The only other thing I think could be improved is the color of the text for your title, I find it a little hard to read the red on a blue background, it could be just my eyes though.I think epox's idea of using drop boxes might worth looking at, currently you site seems to repeat itself a lot with similar links under each language. Overall it a nice site, albeit a little plain in the layout. 8/10 from me. ;)

Your website is great and is a very good concept, I think it has the potential to do very well.I think to give it a bit more you could add a page for each language and explain the history behind it, perhaps where the language is spoken etc.Also, you could add a filter search where you can choose the language and then choose, for example 'Greetings and Farewells' or 'Key Phrases'. Then it would direct you to that page, it would look much neater than as it is now.A great website, with very helpful content.My final rating has to be 8/10 ;)

Nice site. The only i can say that i do not like is the layout on the main page. To me i just looks cluttered with all the different languages layed out in a box like that. However, the color scheme, forms, and everything else looks wonderful. The only other thing is it appears that an image is missing in the header because i get a grey square box in the middle of it so you might want to check that out. I am using IE so maybe that is why. Overall i would say 8/10 and a great site.

i think it looks really good, the colours in the layout look really well together and the banner looks nice also, so graphically the site is good.the content has been arranged well and it is easy to navigate around the site and find what you are looking for.the content of the site is alright however it is only good for learning basics of the language and anyone who wants to leanr more must go elsewhere, butother than this i think it is an excellent site

I am not really a fan of the design, no offence. The whole purpose of your site is good though. I would like to know a little bit of another language. Keep up the good work and if you don't agree with anything I say just ignore my 2 cents.

Hmm, I was looking at the Vietnamese numbers, and I found that number 10 is incorrect. First of all, all words in Vietnamese have 1 syllable. Everything is one. With that said, number ten cannot be muroi. It's actually pronounced...I can't really type it out. Listen to it here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Because of my computer being weird, I can only see the top banner and a few links. But what I can see, though it's good. :o Maybe after I'm able to see your whole site, I'll give ya another review. ;)