xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kim

Poll: What's Your Eating Style? Alone, semi-alone, or in a group?

Please answer this question based on your experience in a school/work dining hall. After you get your food, you prefer to  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wonder what a person's eating style says about him or her. For example, someone who likes to be semi-alone may be shy, quiet, or just plain stuck-up. Or may be she likes to observe others' eating behavior...For me I like eating totally alone because it makes me less sleepy afterward and gives me time to mull. What about you?

I like to eat with my friends, it's just that I can eat a lot more, because we are chatting a lot. So, it's good if you are hungry, because you can eat alot, and not know, because of the chatting.

Good topic , I think it is one of the best topics.Eating with more friends , is nicer than eat alone.I don't sit in the dinner we have ourselves place nobody sits there.Only me and me friends !

I definitely eat with my friends, it's boring otherwise, always try to be social and it makes me less depressed on a school day :o lolWe always eat together, I suppose we are very good friends to each other, apparently we laugh too much aswell ;)

even I sit with my friends or family when I eat!The reason for that is....when you are sitting with your friends you chat and take out your frustation on the supervisor ;) and say some of the funny incidents due to which everybody can feel like you are sitting in a party while it is a lunch!

At school I usually don't eat, I will just wait until supper time to eat or snack after school. If I do eat during school hours I usually just go to a McDonalds or A&W for lunch with friends. I don't like eatting alone, if I do eat alone it feels as though everyone is staring. When I was working I never at at work either, I'd maybe buy a water and a smarties once and a while and eat them alone because me and the other person working in my department use to take turns taking breaks. I only had two friends that worked where I worked... and it has about 500 people employed too (Great Canadian Superstore). These people where school friends though.

I usually eat with friends so we can talk and stuff. but if im at home i'd rather eat alone because than i can as long as i like and everyone is none the wiser! don't know why i just said that. it seemed a little too much "from the movies" sort of quote didn't it?

I usually like to eat with people around me. Eating gets kind of boring for me when I do it alone. When there's people around though, you don't really concentrate that much on eating because you're too busy concentrating on the conversation. Or sometimes I'll eat while watching TV, where concentration is more on what's going on on TV than on eating.

I voted for the first one but it actually depends on the time of the day and where i am at. For example, if it is in between classes and i have to work to do, i get an empty table and try to do work. However, if a friend comes over i definitely wont turn them down but i might have prefered to be alone at the time. For dinner at the dinning hall, i have to eat with other people or else i feel like a loser and its kind of boring if you ask me

While i prefer eating in a group, because it's much more entertaining that way, I don't mind sitting by myself. Sometimes my schedule will be completely off from my friends, so I'll just find a small table off to the side somewhere and enjoy the silence.

I travel quiet often alone so generally I have to eat on the go or while I'm waiting for my next flight. Unless I am traveling with a colleague my eating style is eat in whatever restaurant whenever I can. However, when I do return to my home area I do enjoy dining in group solely because it's a rare chance I get. There are some days that I have the proper course 3 meals a day but mostly I'm a binge eater. There are days that I only eat 1 meal a day because I forget to eat--time conflict due to overlaps in travel schedule or just plain too busy.