xisto Community
darkwarrior

Login problems :(

I'm experiencing some problems with my installations. From the pre-installed scripts available I have installed PunBB and PHP nuke and cannot login to either. Is this because they aren't in the Public_html?Only reason they aren't installed there is because it said I had to install to a top level directory and typing public_html/forum is considered illegal.Any help?

Only reason they aren't installed there is because it said I had to install to a top level directory and typing public_html/forum is considered illegal.

Hmm.. illegal? how is that.

i installed my nuke into the publi_html directory it it works fine. public_html is top folder

hope that helped

Well, you cannot install php nuke into the public_html directory if you are using the installation provided by Xisto...But if you download the php nuke 7.4 from phpnuke.org, then you can. That's what I did... later I removed php nuke as I was not happy with that anyway...googlue!

if you're using the addon script to install nuke.. it says there.. install in a top level directory.. there's a tex box there looks like this : http://ww38.yoursite.com/texbox in that text box write the name of the folder you want to install the php-nuke.. it is automaticall goes into public_html directory

Why do you use the cpanel script?? DON'T, this version is one of the least secure and easily hackable. I highly recommend you goto Nuke Cops and download the latest version of phpnuke. Enhanced features and fixes are available in the latest version available at nuke cops, so you should get it. Installing is simple all thats is needed is for you to upload the phpnuke you downloaded and follow the instructions contained in the download. If you have any problems or wuestions post back here :)

By the way if you still insist to use cpanel script for phpnuke then use the installer to create a new folder because its far cleaner and easier (you can always redirect to this folder)

Edited by prodigy (see edit history)

If you installed your phpnuke through the Cpanel installer, it is simple to uninstall it and reinstall again (in the sane direcory and folder if you want to).Simply click on the remove button and accept when promted and you are done. I think that Reinstalling it again should be able to solve your problems.I hope that helps you in your problem. :):)