xisto Community
vusay

I Hate Greenday!

Right, once and for all - Do you like Greenday?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right I am about to be ganged up on by moody mascara wearing teenagers (Right Yes I'm teenager, but pretend I havn't said that) but...

I HATE GREENDAY!

I think their for 10 year old girls. They can't sing, it's just squeeking. Aparently there's a bass player their? Listen to Sabbath for bass players!

What ever happened to good old 80's metal. Ring a bell anyone:

Metallica

Motorhead

Manowar

Pantera

Led Zeppy

Aerosmith

Judas priest!!

Argh! It makes me mad! This is not music. And the worst thing is, everyone likes it! Somebody is sitting their with their MP3 player listening to Metallica - Four Horsemen when suddenly out pops this little squeeky voice screaming 'Don't want to be and American idiot.

So come on then Kerrang loving, Mascara wearing, punk rock, greasy, acne covered people of today. Strike me with your abuse!

Hail the Great LORD DIMEBAG.

The fact that all of their songs are so simplistic also bothers me. I'm not arguing their talent, but from what I see on stage/on the radio/on MTV it doesn't look like there is much work put into the guitar, because most of their songs have at least three power chords in every verse and chorus. I guess I'm the only one that this irks, but I can't stand how they're making so much money off doing something that anyone who has played guitar for a reasonable time can do... And then people have the nerve to call them punk.;)

I agree, Greenday are crap....But, so are Metallica... those money grabbing copyright retards. ;) Should throw them both into a big whole and role grenades down the side and see who is left. I also argree with the Generation thing, im a teenager but the ammount of Greenday and Metallica hoodies i see everywere just makes me want to cry "What happend to us...". Ever get that feeling? Mainstreem is a said world. Never mind.

I really don't like any new music these days. It all went down the tubes during the last few years to answer your question yes I hate Greenday's music and I am tired of everyone obsessing about them and constantly playing there music. If people would just not play it every time I come to their house there would be no problem. I don't bug my friends with music they hate.

I used to like green day, but right now I think their new album is really annoying. I think their best album was nimrod and they should never have come back after ir.

Most defintely, I don't like metal/rock music in general, but I hang out with a few white people, and they have these Greenday CD's and MP3's, and i'm like MAN, turn that crap off PLEASE, and they're blasting it all loud i'm like dude, if you're gonna spend lunch break doing this, i'ma hop in the car and run to taco bell. This is crap.I don't like rock music really at all besides some Nickelback, and some various artists like Dave Matthews.Mr. Panda - Prefers Hip-Hop/Rap/R&B, but that starts a whole other vent of people hating me.

most of the bands you mentions used to be good and haven't put out anything good in years. Green day isn't the best but they're all right in concert. At least the like to tour and have fun, not so much about money like the stones. round

The reason I don't like Greenday is not because of their music but because of their attitude. I can't really remember what made me offended but it got to the point of me absolutely despising them. I will admit to liking 'Wake me up when September ends', it was catchy and I'm a sucker for catchy music.As for my type of music..."I like that old time Rock 'n' Roll. That kind of music just soothes the soul" as Bob Seger sang it. I like most music from 1950-1990. The only thing 'new' I like to listen to is Alanis Morissette back in the ninties... after her first attempt at pop music and before her second attempt at pop music.

well, I like the old Green Day, Warning and Nimrod were quite cool though I think they've jumped on the "Bush is a bad guy"-train a little too late to be taken seriously...but it's kinda funny to meet people quoting "don't wanna live in a nation controlled by the media" from American Idiot and saying "it must have been like this 'cause the news paper says so and you're wrong 'cause indymedia is not to be taken seriously" within one breath. Seems like they didn't even get it when they were pushed on it with their nose first ;)

Interesting, because your referents seems a little old-fashioned. You should really go back to eighties.Metallica: They were one of the bests bands in the world but they?re a joke now. Newsted was clever to go. Please, make more documentarys and less records.Black Sabbath: They made really great records. Iommi is God but Ozzy is a senile big idiot.Pantera: They reinvented the trash. Vulgar Display is a classic, but open your eyes. Dimebag is dead and Superjoint Ritual and Damageplan are not the same. Try Down.Led Zeppelin: A legend... but legends end and this one did it a lot of years ago.Motorhead: They still rock hard.Aerosmith: Never were so good. They should make blues all the time.Judas priest: Not my taste but Halford is a great singer. Maiden are better.Manowar: Please, don?t make me laugh. The best heavy metal joke ever.You should try new bands (at least ones that are still alive). Maybe Mastodon? They?re probably the best metal band live at the moment.As for Green Day, they are a great band. I suppose that you don?t like punk, alternative or even pop. But that?s not Billy Joe?s problem. GD has a brilliant career since Kerplunk to these days and American Idiot is a great record. Some of you talk as if Green Day were a new band... and they are like 15 years on the road. Strange.

Ah...I think Green Day are alright. I mean, just because the crowd they draw isn't exactly your ideal crowd doesn't mean their music is total crap. They're music is alright, but I suppose they're overplayed now =/I personally like old punk rock...The Clash, The Ramones, Sex Pistols...etc. But to each his own.

what? why do so many of you guys hate greenday? actually green day is the only rock band's music i like all the other crap. my music is hip hop but i love greed day also good charlotte is ok.