xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Acidify

Setting Up Cutenews

Using Frame

This tutorial here is for templates that has diffent text files for the frame.And the template is separate from it.Scroll down for the normal template.

Ok I see a lot of people that have problems setting up a simple cutenews because on their tutorial they dont explain it well enough for beginners.

I am going to explain it using Xisto with the cpanel script of cute news.

Ok first logon to your cpanel and click "addon scripts" or go where the scripts are and look for "cutenews".

Put in your information and what the script will be call but I would call it "news".

1.Open a notepad and put

("news/show_news.php");

now lets note that I put "news" there in the code because thats what I named my cutenews script when I set it up,so put w/e you named it

2.Now click fitler on notepad and click save as.Change save as type to "ALL" filters.

And then for the file name put anything but make sure you add .php to the end

3.Tranfers .php to you public html and login cutenews and edit you template how you wish for it to be.Any do your html to make it link to your php.Make sure you use the full link to your php cutenews file.This is for the templates where you have the frame text in a diffent html filter then the template.

For plan templates

Ok first logon to your cpanel and click "addon scripts" or go where the scripts are and look for "cutenews".

Put in your information and what the script will be call but I would call it "news".

Put

("news/show_news.php");
in the body wherever your text suppose to go.

now lets note that I put "news" there in the code because thats what I named my cutenews script when I set it up,so put w/e you named it

lol silly acidify, nice tutorial though really healped me now i just gotta wait till i gain enough points. thanx for the help!

Nice tutorial, but do you think you can show us the outcome of this? I've never seen Cutenews so I wouldn't have the slightest idea what it looks like.

My site has it running, somewhat awfully. I need to get it to validate pronto ;)

Looks like an error in the tut. Wherever you placed ("news/show_news.php"); perform the following actions:

Check that ("news/show_news.php"); is inside the <?php and ?> tags. If it isn't, make it so they are.

Change ("news/show_news.php"); to include("news/show_news.php");

Then save the file and reload the page(s).

3.Tranfers .php to you public html and login cutenews and edit you template how you wish for it to be.Any do your html to make it link to your php.Make sure you use the full link to your php cutenews file.This is for the templates where you have the frame text in a diffent html filter then the template.

Could you give me some help with this step.

Basically what ive done now is

ive opened not pad put the bit of code you said. save as > home.php >filter all of course.

saved. put it in pulibc html.

Now i have made my template headlines.

So now the templates don im stuck on the bit in bold.

could you explain how to do the html to make it link to your .php. and the bits after that didnt really make sense to me.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Not using QUOTE tags will earn you warning next time.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)