xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kim

For University/college Students Are you active in an organization?

Are you an active member of an organization?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What kind of organization are you in at your school? Why did you join and what made you stay? Responses greatly appreciated!

If your answer was no, why not?

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Please refrain from double posting. If you would liket to add to your post, simply click on REPORT! found at the bottom of each post and give us in detail how to add to your post. Also, this is moving to School & College & Work from General Talk

I'm involved in the Democratic society at my University, it's very cool. Once you get your head around all the politics of politics suddenly the nightly news seems a lot more interesting. I'll be going for president(of the organisation) next year, don't think I'll get it but a commitee member hopefully.

I have joined many of the schools? and university?s activities. I was the vice president of my school?s Music and Drama Club for 3 years At Oxford, in 2004, I participated in the E-Mentoring program, in which each Oxford student was paired up with one sixth form student, and the purpose of which was to encourage further education. As a mentor, my responsibility involved corresponding with my mentee at least once a week via email to give her advice and answer her questions. In 2005, I applied and was chosen to participate in the Peer Supporting Program. As a part of the Program, I received 30 hours of intensive training (on listening skill, how to help people deal with stress, how to deal with people having suicidal risks, and etc.) by the Oxford University Counseling Service. Upon the completion of the training, I joined the college?s peer support panel, which facilitates necessary welfare service in the college and which is subject to the University?s Counseling Service?s supervision. . Moreover, I am a member of an all- girl choir in Oxford and, in the summer 2001. And I am the Secretary of the Oxford Thai Committee.However, I'm not a part of the college's JCR or students' committee.

I'm Vice President of the Asian Club at my school. We don't do much. I blame it on our President. Then I"m in the Anime club. It just started and I don't know what's it about yet. But it has to do with Anime lovers. Than I"m in Future Teachers of America or by some other name they switched to. We help teachers and do community service. I'm also involved in the student Senate. Its fun influecing the school.

I love the organizations that I am a part of. I recently joined the video and film assocaition and it has been a great way to learn and at the same time satisfy my video needs. I cannot wait until the track season begins.

Hmm.. I would love to be in the computer club, or start up an anime club or... join any club at all, but I dont have the time. Guess my full-time job will have to be my club.. it's like.. the Poor Kids Club, haha XD(Actually, I'm in Phi Theta Kappa, but I dont think anyone knows it, since I'm almost never there.. and that doesn't really count anyways ^^; )

I was a part of a big organisation for schools here in INdia, The KENDRIYA VIDYALAYASThaim of this oraganisation is to remove privatisation of education by providing better govt. Schooling facilites, It is run by central govt. And have wonderfull examination and co-curricular promotion systemOk

I belong to the Computer Society and the Honors Society in our University. I didn't really join both clubs intentionally, I sort of got in after I got enrolled in my first year. With my course I automatically became a member of the Computer Society since it's a policy in my college. I got in the Honors Society because I was one of those who topped the entrance examination and so I got a scholarship. Both clubs don't do much, I'm sad to report.