xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shengeta

What Is...urban Legends

Today I've learned about many Urban Legends i did not know like:Some Urban Legends include playing Led Zeppelin's stairway to heaven backwards for demonic messages which IS true, some of The Beetle's songs backwards do the same, and even more as well. Ohio Players have a song with a scream of a woman being murdered by the band's manager right outside of their studio while recording, they kept it in the song as a sick tribute. She was a nude woman on the cover of the album with honey all over her, well that honey melted some of fiberglass and the glass hardened on her body, she peeled it off ripping her skin and ruiningher modeling carreer. She ran to the band (who was recording a song at the time) and manager complaining she was gonna sue them off the roof, that's when the manager got up and stabbed her to death. "Love RollerCoaster" is the name of the song, listen to it, this one is real.More include one of the munchkins from wizard of the oz hanging himself on the set during a part of the movie and u can see it in the background woods if you look closely on one of the scenes. There are many many others that i have learned maybe I'll post them another time or you can look up a bunch yourself.

Look, they're legends. I know for a fact that the messages played backwards by the Beatles are just coincidences. Do you know how hard it would be in the 60's to record seperate tracks playing different ways and still sounding halfway decent? Also, I know the Munchkin one is false. It's a rumor, and nothing more.

yeah the stairway to heaven is a well known urban legend, but the amityville horror is the most famous of the urban legends as well. and quess what our own admin have a urban legend about them

Opaque Man: There was an old farm along Broadway Avenue leading out of town. Supposedly there was a ghost of a farming that would use a hoe to till the soil late at night. He was white and semi-transparent, known as the Opaque Man. 

so opa you telling us that you are a ghosts, no wonder you here and then a few minutes later you disappear.

what do you guys think about this new movie about the girl called emily rose, they say its based on a true story and they even had the supposedly real story on the show "insider". you guys think thats true or are they just saying "based on a true story" to get more people to see the movie?

not sure if they're counted as urban legends but those disney movie mess ups like the penis in the little mermaid catle on the cover...the subliminal message during aladdin teling kids to take off they're clothes...whether they are or not..that's plain crazy

not sure if they're counted as urban legends but those disney movie mess ups like the penis in the little mermaid catle on the cover...the subliminal message during aladdin teling kids to take off they're clothes...whether they are or not..that's plain crazy

180322[/snapback]

i heard that in lion king when simba is being lifted in the sky by the monkey if you st the sky it spell the F word. don't know if its true but lots of people say they seen it.

:) The thing about urban legends is they don't become a legend unless people keep sending them around. Everytime someone sends me a warning email I look up the email on snoops and other sites that deal with urban legends. 9 times out of 10 I will find that email or one with the words slightly changed on that site saying its just untrue.There are so many guilible people out there that would believe anything. Some of them are not so much gulible as innocent. I try to educate people and ask them to think before they forward. The world is scarry enough when we watch the news without adding these stories which are full of garbage.

the lion king was the the word sex heres that images

Posted Image

Posted Image

well heres the info about emily rose

Anneliese Michel (September 21, 1952 - July 1, 1976) was a German college student who died during an exorcism. Her parents and the priests who carried out the exorcism were later convicted and sentenced to six months in prison. The Church soon after declared that Anneliese was not possessed.

Born into a lower-middle class Catholic family in Klingenberg, a small Bavarian town, Anneliese had poor health for much of her life, suffering from seizures which plagued her high school years. Despite this she was able to begin University of Würzburg in September, 1973, where she majored in Elementary Education.

A film is now being made based on Michel's experiences and death, written and directed by Scott Derickson, titled The Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005).

so thats the true story of that movie but the special effects are sweet, so this movie i can't wait to see.

How about the urban legend where this kid reads a forum that provides hosting and he kills everyone who goes to the site. lol. i guess some legends are real but some of them are probably to scare others. They're only legend if you keep passing them around. I know there's ghost and stuff. Some people jsut add more stuff to make it sound worse. But I have to admit some legends are real.

well yeah some are based on fact, like some of the old west tales, that are loosly based on fact but you have make sense out of some of these. most of the these urban legends where made up back in the day where you need a candle to light up a room, me im a skeptic until i see a ghost or a moving table then i will beleive, these are nothing more to scare little kids into being good children.

Here is one that I find to be very interesting.----------------------------------------------------A young girl had decided to sneak out of the house to go to a party her protective parents wouldn't allow her to go to. While she was there she hooked up with a guy she liked and they went to a local make-out spot. The guy was drinking heavily and when he got too demanding she insisted on him taking her back to the party. On the way back they crashed into another vehicle. When the girl awoke in the hospital she knew she was dying, she was told that they guy she'd been with had died in the accident and so had the couple in the other car. She begged a nurse to tell her parents that she was very sorry she'd disobeyed them, the nurse just looked at her. After the girl died another nurse asked why she hadn't said anything with the teen had asked her to give the message to her parents. The nurse said, "I didn't know what to say, the people in the other car were her parents." ---------------------------------------------------------------------------So what do you think? Pretty weird eh? The message I got from this one is always listen to your parents and, of course, never drink and drive.