xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Milovoriel

Damn Cricket! ....

so England won the test match yesterday .... big deal! ... not only did it dominate Channel 4's programming for 7 hours but it actually overran and so Lost was cancelled .... this drives me nuts! .... when they change the scheduled programmes because the damn sport overruns ....

and don't even get me started on the borefest that is CRICKET .... a group of men milling about a field for 7 hours .... be still my beating heart ....

if it's not the Grand Prix, it's football or Rugby or flippin' horseracing or athletics .... the list is endless ....

if you don't have cable or satellite TV then this is what dominates terrestial TV at the weekends .... I'm lucky, I have cable but I really feel for those people who don't and hate sport ....

Posted Image

well strange enough that you dont like cricket or any other sport!I love cricket a lot because this game has passion, enthusiasm.Infact I beleive that everyone must play sports becasue Sports bring nations togather and the spirit of love, brotherhood and best of all brings out the spirit of sportsmanship in the people.If England won again Australia yesterday then you must be proud of it becasue they played the game with full enthusiasm and made sure that there country wins the game.Anyways this is my point of view, I understand you point of view as well that how one can feel when he dislikes certain thing and the TV channels show that becasue majority of people like that thing!My suggestion in this case will be that go ahead and try to play the game and you'll start loving it and then may be you won't feel bad when the TV channels will show you the cricket match! ;)

Hmm... I suppose, sport does take quality time out of some prgograms, however, if you're somewhat of a "mad cricket fan" like me, you just would n't find it that annoying, and also you'd feel priveleged. I was watching the cricket last night and the atmosphere in the lounge room was so exhilirating! Every ball that was bowled, took my breath away.. :P ! But, if they're cutting programs just to play sports like football or rugby than, I would be venting it all out, myself because I have no interest in watching those sports. So I suppose it really is dertermined on your personal preference. Somethings you'd hate to see because it stops a show that you wanted to watch however in other poeple's view they find it no problem because they enjoy watching cricket/football/rugby. Hehe, your personal preference is one factor that makes you unique... ;)

Lost was cancelled? That is outrageous!! I love that series.I would recommend you read the Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy. One of the books is dedicated to cricket, people from this planet called Kirkitt rage war against the galaxy when they find out they are not the only people that exist in the universe! ;)

Infact I beleive that everyone must play sports becasue Sports bring nations togather and the spirit of love, brotherhood and best of all brings out the spirit of sportsmanship in the people.

there's not much brotherly love at football matches .... especially European matches .... so much for bringing nations together ....

however, I will concede that in most other sports, there is more of a spirit of unity .... especially world events like the Olympic Games ....

Posted Image

You know what annoys me more?DAMN AMERICAN FOOTBALL.Allow me to explain.[Lws' Bulleted List.] - They say that aussie footy is for sissies. I invite them to try it - without the damned padding. And without such a damned small ball. - They make movies about it. The movies suck, except for Remember the Titans, which was okay. Ish. On the other hand, i saw an indian cricket movie which ruled. ( the villiagers bet against the colonial english with four-times-taxes as the stakes or something if they lost) - Cricket can be played even by nerds, like yours truly. It doesn't involve getting tackled every five meters (though it does involve getting whacked in the face by hard red balls - nearly snapped my glasses more than once)</rant>Oh, and the numbers in cricket are bigger than the ones in football ;) I encourage you to find 527 in a football score somewhere :o