xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alive

Self Defence Share Any Experiences...

Hey Guys, Well, I think it's been coming for a long time but now it's finally here. Have you ever had a fight or any self defence experiences? This isn't so that you can show off, but just to share how you were feeling, what you've learnt and what you did etc. Well, I'll brake the ice and give an experience I had... I was out in Exeter once when 4 decendents appeared. I was with my girl friend. We both do several martial arts to the Black Belt Degree so we were well trained. After the usual mouth that you get from punks like this one pulled out a pen knife. He pointed it at me. My gf knew that I had to have a window of oppurtunity to attack, so she told the lads once again to move. As he turned the knife on her I acted. I think according to the police I broke his wrist, his elbow, his arm (at the armpit), shattered his rib cage, dislocated his knee cap and broke his nose before he fell. I acted in complete self defence and nothing else. The others ran and like I said we were arrested, but after making a statement we were free once again. I dont condone what happened in that City that day, and it wasn't pretty, but it was my self defence story... So.. Any of you got any stories??? Thankyou, Sean Webber. (alive)

Well, this isn't exactly about self-defence, but I have an older cousin who does Judo (blackbelt) and competes in international competiotions. One day, he was standing in an isolated area, and this guy looked at him strangely. He glared back. The guy went away... ;) (scaredy-cat) heheThen, my uncle and his family were riding a jeep (common transportation here in the Philippines) He noticed there were suspicious men, and my cousin noticed it too. My uncle saw they had a knife, they wanted to "hold-up" the people in the jeep! My uncle glared at the man and pretended to take something dangerous out of his pocket. In reality, his pocket contained nothing but his eyeglasses, LOL!! The man signaled to his partners and left. That was hillarious, though that wasn't exactly an experience you'd want to remember. :P

Well alive! do you call it self-defence!you had almost killed that person.!Well let me come to the point...you asked for a self defence experience and here's mine.One day i was going with one of my friend on BIKE and suddenly my frined made fun of a passer-by(he was also on a bike, I dont know why my friend did so, but he did) and we were going the usual way but suddenly i noticed that 4-5 Bikes were following us and after a while they actually chased us till I stoped the bike and they all came down from their bikes and me and my friend were in the center.I was trying to calm them down but they asked me to keep away from the matter and as they asked me to keep away from the matter i took my bike and started it :P and then they started discussing it with my friend that why he made fun of that guy when he never said a work to my friend.Suddenly i noticed that my friend came on one side and all other people were on the other side...so as my bike was already started so went quickly to my friend on my bike and we both ran away from there. :P Now most of you will think that this act was not manly but as I dont know ;) and I'll say that it would have been foolish of me to fight against 9-10 people.If they would have 2-3 guyz then the incident would have been different but because they were 9-10 i thought i made the right step by running away! :P

Mayank, I don't think it's cool that I had to use any self defence, it would have satisfied me much more if I had been able to enjoy the day. I don't think for one moment it is big, and I don't think it is clever or hard. I would have spoken to him civily if he hadn't turned on my girl friend. He had a knife, and there was more of them than of us. If he had made a dive at her and hit her I wouldn't of been able to take them all on. We tried to calm them down cively but it didn't work. The point is I know I could have killed him, but it was a sequence that we have rehearsed many, many times in self defence. In Karate your not taught to bring them down through minor force, your tought - me or you, simple as that. I think what you did was completely correct and if I had been in the same situation I would have done exactly the same. It was just we were cut off, trapped and they outnumbered us, I was with my gf and they had knifes so I had to use all my force. I could have done worse I'm sure, we've learnt worse, but i never wished to use it. I just wanted to bring him down. Just for the records I did wait with him until the police and ambulance arrived. I didn't like him, I didn't even know him and he had tried to stab us, but I wouldn't just leave him there. I called 999 and waited till he had help. I hope it puts it into context a little bit more. Also, notice how I only aimed for the protected areas... The arms, knees and ribs were my only real targets... And that was only to bring him down. Thanks for your time, Alive...

Hey Guys, Well I think that fortunatly I have never had to use self defence for me or my friends. I often wonder how I'd cope now that I have achieved a high belt in Shotokan Karate, but most certainally I don't want the chance although I'm sure it'll appear sometime. I have had to brake up a couple of fights around my school and did have a very close incident with a man but like I said fortunatly I haven't used any of what I have learnt yet. Well Alive, I feel that what you did was deviable. It may appear a little harsh to the untrained eye, but I understand and appreciate martial arts and I know that that is a sequence always well practiced. If he had pulled a knife out on my girl friend and I was capable of pulling off such an attack then believe me I would, but I think I would have to right now, with my current knowledge of fighting have to try and talk them down and result to basic punching and kicks with possibly soto-woki's (knife hand blocks) if it became physical. Thanks for your time, Achieve.