xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
elevenmil

Hurricane Katrina And Gas Prices Cost of gas expected to surge tommorrow

With the oncoming of Category 5 Hurricane Katrina, there has been news coming out saying that gas prices in the United States are expected to jump 20-30 cents a gallon - by tommorrow!The cause of this is directly related to the location of oil within United States' access. The Gulf of Mexico and southern U.S. states provide America with most of the domestic oil. As Katrina begins to tear apart the southern part of the country tommorrow, you may see a huge jump in gas prices.So take caution America, fill up your gas tank - NOW! Even if prices do not rise substantially, it is still a good idea to take the precaution of getting gas now. There's your warning, I hope this doesn't come true, but who knows, it is definitely a possiblity. What will come true is the devastation that the hurricane will leave behind. Be sure to have these people who will be affected in your thoughts.

I hate it when americans nag about gas prices. You get nearly one third of the price of european gasoline, have cars that consume three times more gasoline per km and still you brag about a 20 cent jump... be real...

The price of gasoline went up quite a bit here in micigan the price per gallon is about $2.95 and it takes about $60 to fill up the car. I heard it might even go up another $1.00 before the end of next month.

Edited by dundun2007 (see edit history)

well as the war on terrorism keeps going price of gas will be going up and with the china of rise of buying millions and millions of gasoline in the middle east i see the price of gas keep on going up and soon no one will be able to afford it each except for the rich people. i remember back in the day when it cost under a dollar for a gallon of gas, the lowest i seen was like 70 cents per gallon.but of course thier is talk that american is about to go into another great depression. due to the fact that big businesses are getting cheap labor over seas, they are predicting in about another 10 years the wolrd economy will be finished.well i say bring it on, its thanks to the world leaders that this will happen so when the stock market crashes its everyone for themselves, believe me i will cap a round in someone when they tell me to move out of my house, so maybe the armegeddon is happening, we had the 9.8 earthquake in december, this massive hurricane just yesterday, so who knows what will happen next.

I live in alabama and they closed the school yesterday and for today because it was pretty bad.I think all the schools power are out or something.My lights went out for only 2 hours but my grandma light is still off.My uncle brought a genarator and most of the people that lived on the streets were outside and they seen a light come on in my grandma house and they started dancing saying the power is on and my uncle yelled out the door and said no it isnt we have a genarator lol.

First off about this Gas. Gas before the storm was in the low 2 bucks. Now are like almot 4 bucks. CNN was saying sometime next week it will be over 4 bucks!Now abou this storm, warning if you do not want to read this do not read.New Orleans, New Orleans as you know is below sea level with three bodies of water around it. With this storm first buildings where being destoryed by this horrible wind. Also the lebes which hold the water from filling the city like a bowl broke, i do not know if you guys know this but the Leves where made for Category 3. Why 3? Make it over protective with 5. Well if they are to ever make the leves they will probably will. Now the city is filling up with this water. What is worst this water holds dead bodies, they barry people above ground there so they are floating, electrical poles making the water electric-thy (spelt wrong), pulted water, and so much more. Now the Super Dome before the storm held about 10,000 ppl. After math of Killer Katrina now 30,000! Wow! Now because the roof has holes in it, nothing working, no food and water, they are moving (currently right now) people to AstroDome in Houston, Texas. This is a good idea but how will they take 30,000 people. Well i am so sad from this. People looting and dieing. Death toll for New Orleans is believe around 200 and still going up,Mobile: Moblie did not get eveaculted which is bad. A hotel with 30 ppl collaspe killing people by the wind. Cassions being brought out to the ocean, People trying to go back to normal in there life. It is bad.Dearth toll estimated 40 ppl.Mississipi: Mississipi water rage threw towns wiping out loads of homes and such. This did not really hold kills but load of home less. For the homes that did make it. They are now being looted. Very tragic indead.The Rest: Loads of people are dead, dieing, being looted, homeless, sick, and ect. This is the worst Natual Storm ever in America. The Death Toll is drastically rising. With this america will never be the same again.

Notice from wassie:
Deleted double post
Edited by wassie (see edit history)

I saw in the news that a gas station in Oregon (i think not sure) is charging $6.00 . They were lauching an investigation cause they are charging way to high. I just hope that the gasoline price doesnt go up cause ill be screwed if the prices went up

I just filled up. It was $3.979 a gallon and my little Nissan Altima just ate my lunch and my dinner money--total of $47.75. And that was the Regular gas grade (87 octane). What am I going to do? I have to drive to University of Connecticut next week and it's like 500 miles from where I'll be starting. My poor little car can only give 32 miles per gallon in highway. I am so worried... and I can't even spring for new hybrid car because I just dumped it in my house renovation. Somebody up there isn't watching out for me at the moment...PS. a little hint to maximize your fill up. Because most electronic pumps are measuring the gas flow by pressure, it's best to fill your tank either early in the morning or very late at night when the temperature is cool. During the hot days, the heat will cause underground gas to expand (due to the nature of fumes and gas evaporating but still trapped inside) and exerts higher pressure. So essentially that first puff you pump is nothing more than pressurized gas. And you are paying for that empty fuel.

well the gas crisis has begun, which means the economy is about to collapse, well this country was good while it lasted, might move to canada, well actually nah they will suffer from it as well.well.....

They are saying now we are going to have a over nite raise. This is just horrible for gas. I saw $6.09 a one gas station to. With this gas we are sure to be broke soon We need to end this now or we are going to be dead.

its to late the event that started this chained events has already happen 9/11 ring a bell, of course now the police are quitting, us soldeirs are getting fired upon by gang members, people pooping and peeing everywhere, dead bodies everwhere, coffins washing up all over the place.all i have to say once the stock market crashes, mankind will be nothing more.

PS. a little hint to maximize your fill up. Because most electronic pumps are measuring the gas flow by pressure, it's best to fill your tank either early in the morning or very late at night when the temperature is cool. During the hot days, the heat will cause underground gas to expand (due to the nature of fumes and gas evaporating but still trapped inside) and exerts higher pressure. So essentially that first puff you pump is nothing more than pressurized gas. And you are paying for that empty fuel.

Wow, a tip I never heard of! Usually I do fill my tank up after hours, when America slows down...I get things done at night.

But hey everyone, I guess my prediction came a little early! It wasn't until a couple days later the effects of Katrina spread throughout America's, and maybe the world's, gas stations. This is horrible right now, horrible, and it will only get worse. As Saint Michael said, we're doomed.