xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chief91

Madden 2006 wat do u think of it?

I thought madden 06 was not worth it cuz it really didnt add any GREAT new features and the player stats didnt seem as updated either in my opinion i dont think its worth it i still madden 04 but b4 i bought that i was still playin madden 98 so let me know if u think madden 06 is worth it

i thought it would be a little better when they bought out segas rights to make football games, but it like 2005, story mode blech.

i just bought madden 2006, its basically the same game as 05, Ratings are a lot different. Whole new QB mode is awsome and bad at the same time. They also added a NFL Superstar mode. you can take your Rookie in ea's NCAA footall (05 or 06 cant remember) and import him into Madden 06, and play him in NFL Superstar mode. Get drafted by a team, hire and agent, lots of things to do there.Also added a new "Truck Stick" for your HB. its just your playmaker control WHILE rushing the ball. you basically just put the defender on his butt if the truck stick is hit at the right time. pretty kewl actually. When you go online to play there are always 1500-2500 people online at one time. whereas 05 i seen maybe 100 people online at one time.Overall its a very good game, Runs almost the same as 05, Controls are a little bit different, JUST a little though. also online Rushing is Easier. i remember in 05 when playing online you were just in shotgun pretty much the whole game. But now Formation is everything. your line WILL block for that Play Action play. the blitzers will bite sometimes on that play action play, Some defencive lines however are good JUST like in the NFL and will be harder to fake out on the Play Action plays. But overall each team has its weaknesses and strengths. Really they Do.....

I've had it for a while. Its awesome isn't it? I quite a football fan. I'm up to date with all the Blitz, and Madden collection from the beginning. I play Madden for cash actually, and sometimes online. I do it for bread and meat, if I don't win, I don't eat.

Im a huge fan of the Madden series ever since I've played it on the Nintendo 64. They changed a few of the controls around, and added a few nice features, such as the Superstar mode. They also threw in precision passing which really comes in handy. Most of my friends in RL and people I've met in game prefer Madden 05 over 06, to me I think it was well worth the money.

i used to buy computing magazines and they came with cds and some demos, included (sometimes) madden i thought it was going to be a great game because of the hits, kicks and big bodies also the graphics were not bad in fact i liked it i like the whole game. But unfortunately i never could play it, the contrls were so confused and every time i wanted to passed it, the guy didnt, i spent so much time trying to undestad it and trying to be out of the firsts yards that i got bored. Since then (i think was madden 99) i preffer not to see the demo and nor the complete games, ea sports is a good company but there are some tittles that are kinda boring (in my opinion) and instead of playing madden i ended playing the game i didnt want, NHL (the worst thing is that i did like it).

I just picked up this game on Saturday for my Xbox. Here is my general impression of it so far:The QB vision cone, at first, looke really stupid. I thought it would really take away from the game. But after playing on Xbox Live for a bit I realized it just put more skill into the game, as you can look off the defender now. The only complaint I have is everyone who plays as the Colts gets to look at practically the whole field, where I as Steve McNair gets a very small cone.Superstar mode is great. Having Xbox Live, I haven't played much of it. I played two monthes of it (The first month is where you pick your agent, and get drafted. The second month is the preseason.) The beginning was fun, seeing what I'd turn out like and everything. The practices are annoying, so I simmed them. I couldn't stand playing a practice twice every second in-game day.Online play is great, just what I expected. Not much to comment on here, just the general population is like most other games. People quit out of a lot of games.

I think the game is good, but is still missing alot of things. For one, the ESPN presentation showed in ESPN's NFL 2K5 was awesome. Sitting back and watching SportsCenter after a hard fought game relaxed me, instead I have to hear Tony Bruno's big fat mouth. Lol. However as the gameplay goes, it's one of the best in a while. Once you find the right sliders that suit your style of game you eventually have fun with it, winning or losing. The presentation is the missing key to making EA Sports the best sports developers (not like we have a choice though, especially for football). I would love to see improvements to the Xbox 360 version and the Xbox and PS2 versions. It would be a very happy day for me. I mean winning the Super Bowl, means like nothing, and most the times when you play Monday Night, you don't even relize it.As for the features like the Truck Stick and QB vision, I think it's great. However I think they should put the R-Thumb back to Playmaker instead of moving the cone. Instead I think you should like hold-down the R-Trigger and press the corresponding button to your reciever to look at him. The Truck Stick is the best feature they've implemented in years though. It used to be so hard to run the ball.All that's for the Xbox and PS2 versions. I have yet to play the 360 version, in which I probably won't. I can't wait to see Madden 07 though. Hopefully it will be beautiful.-DaRealChrono

I have had the game for PC ever since the second week it was out. I got to say, that I love the Truck Stick. The 05 Hit Stick is fun too. However, I hate the QB Vision. Why? It's buggy. I made a perfect QB with 99 Overall, and 99 on everything else, and he can only see a small slice of the field! The backup QB at 88 Overall can see over half of the field! That is annoying. I do love the NFL Superstar mode. I am currently living in a Loft and am working my way into the Mansion. The game's graphics are great! I love how detailed the player's faces are this year! But, I wish I could shut up John Madden. He just keeps on talking nonsense forever! One miss on the Hit Stick and you hear the lecture about what is happening in the NFL these days. It really gets old after the 500th time he says it. But, the game as a whole is awesome and that's all that really matters, isn't it?

Is you Awarness 99 too? Awareness is what affects you cone the most, even if you have 99 for throwing power and accuracy. I've never tried the PC version myself, I bought it for my Dad for Christmas, but at this point I dont have my box and I wish I had the PC version lol.