xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
eldeo

Longhorn (XP successor) pros and cons

I'm not quite sure to be honest, not much info has been released, but i guess any progress cant be bad.but its along tiem to wait for it, considering i want it now to get the most out of my AMD Athlon64 3700+ :)

I dont think that it will ever come out. if it does, i will be so amazed, u wont even know......release date 2006/7, HAH!! Yeah right! most of the innovations that were supposed 2 make longhorn so much better are gone. its pretty much going 2 end up being xpsp3.....

Have any of you tried the longhor alpha? What is supposed to be so good about long horn? Does it offer anything beyond a new fancy menu bar?

Long horn is going to be soooo annoying once it's out. I might even consider changeing to Mac after its release. Its new 3d interface will just be a waste of time and it would run so slow on my comp. WINDOWS SUCKZ!!!!!!!!!

Omg it comes out the year that I graduate. I hope it lives up to what the rumors and speculations I've been hearing. I hope its much more better than Win Xp and doesn't have that annoyoing window that pops up when your broswer has a prblem and it ask "do you want to send this problem to Microsoft?" or something like that. I don't think the computer even does send it to Microsoft. Its just a fake.

Luckilly, you can disable this.

This OS will be good or bad but that depend of microsoft in self u know, if think more on the users and less in the profits and the makets... but well we have linux n0w and for the future.