xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
patelg

Which Digital Camera Should I Buy? Which Digital camera should i buy?

I want to buy Digital camera, Which Digital camera should i buy? I dont want to spend too much money for it but i also dont want to scrifice the quality too..Sound strang to get both but i am sure there will be some product out there, so let me know if anybody knows about it.Sorry, if i have started this topic in wrong area...Thanks in advance

Hey patelG!well i have Nikon 4100 and i really love it...it is 4.0 mega pixel camera.it uses MMC for the storage of photographs and has a very good picture quality.and if you look on the brighter side...an MMC will cost you much less than any other storage card.SO go for nikon 4100 and i am sure you will love it!

I was also looking for something similar a few months back. I went for the Kodak LS753. It cost just over ?100 with a free 256MB card. Its easy to use, produces great quality photos and didn't totally break the bank. Its 5MP with a 3x optical zoom and I can't remember the digital zoom, but its pretty good. Works great as a point-and-shoot camera.If you give a better idea of your budget then I'll see if I can find any more good buys.

I used to have a Konica Minolta Dimage Xt. This one is great for beginners in photography that also want an OK resolution. It has 3.2 MP (about 2024x1500) and is really small. Also its black and has looks really slick. The lense is inside the camera so you dont have to worry about it breaking when you put it in your pocket. well i mean i always had it in my pocket and nothing ever happended to it. If you wondering why im talking in the past i recently bought a Canon EOS 350D. that one has 8.0 MP. and you can get it for aroun $800 with a lens if that still in your price range. But i mean its a great camera. awsome quality and lots of stuff you can play with. The Minolta also has a feature that you can shoot in Black and White or in Sepia. It can also make movies for as long as you have space on the camera. im saying this because some cameras have a limit of 30sec per movie or 1min per movie or something.

This is the exact question I'm asking at the moment.What kind of camera qualities do you want? And like how many functions it has? I only have about 300 pounds to spend on a REALLY good one but it has to be a panasonic, sony one of those..because I know i can trust them not to break..lolhow many images does 256MB approx. hold '?

how many images does 256MB approx. hold '?

179438[/snapback]

This is a very relativ question. it depends on the quality that your camera can capture the images in and what format it saved them in. Image sizes go from aroud 150kb to lets say 8 mb on good cameras and the RAW format.

So you have like 32 minimum and maybe around 1500-2000 at most also depending how many colors your photographing. like only black with somehting small in a corner could be a pretty small file size.

Nikon and Canon are great cameras, Sony is also very good if you can live with their memory stick formats. Kodak can be considered after the above.When you are buying a digicam consider the following:1) The memory medium, SD is standard.2) Power usage, nothing beats NiMH rechargables, if the camera uses 2 batteries only, that is great.3) Time to focus and shoot, some cameras (like my old Canon) takes a very long time to auto-focus and shoot. You may want to take a few pictures in dark and daylight before you buy the camera.

how about olympus?I have used nikon, sony, pentax, casio and olympus, well, I am not rich but each family member in my home has his/her own camera and when we went out or traveled, I had the chance to compare photos shot at the same spot, at the same lightness, at the same stuff but only from different camera. I don't like nikon and casio, the photos they shot are clear but not soft. I like warm tone and harmony color and I think olympus are doing well; especially landscapes. Even browse from screen, it just looks like a picture not a digital image. Would that be too abstract?

it really depends on your needs, but for point and shoot operation and none of those fancy ultra zoom, macros, etc, I would suggest Canon digital cameras, they are easy to use and not so much of a hassle, you will never go wrong with it, that is basing from experience.If you want zoom capability then look for Panasonic FZ30, that one is sweet