xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
RemoteConnection

Phishguard - Detects Spoofing Attacks Windows Tools - Spoofing

PhishGuard is a FREE service that detects and rapidly disables Internet "phishing" or "spoofing" attacks designed to steal critical financial data.
Phishing attacks use fraudulent websites and emails that mimic well-known organizations in order to trick unsuspecting Internet users. A simple login or account number entry screen becomes a sophisticated trap. By assuming you are dealing with a trusted party, you can reveal financial information including credit card numbers, bank accounts, passwords, and social security numbers to the "bad guys". This type of attack is very difficult for the typical person to detect, as the scammers emails and websites mimic the exact style and graphics of the spoofed company, and appear genuine. Sensitive financial information disclosed to scammers is used to make fraudulent financial transactions and to enable long-term identity theft.

get it from here :
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
You should know by now that you MUST quote everything you copy! Source from the link above. You cannot post just quotes! You MUST contribute. This is your last verbal warning. Take a look at the title I edited for you. Please be extra attentive when naming your title and always have description for it!

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

And how can this program protects us. If for example we see on a webpage something like a fake yahoo mail login, would this program automatically detect that? I don't think so.Maybe it detects dialers, because many sites uses XXX dialers in order to get some money from you.Anyway if you have some knowledge about Internet, you can easily detect yourself this type of attacks.I personally use SpywareBlaster, a great tool that protects us from unwanted sites with ads, popups, dialers, spywares & other annoying pages.It's one of the best way to protect.I've tried other solutions than SpywareBlaster, but this was the best that I could find. I recommend it to you.