xisto Community
Avalon

Mechwarrior Render

Well guys, here's my first attempt at a render using Photoshop. I normally use Paintshop Pro for all my graphic work but it would seem it doesn't save PNG files with a transparent background, one of it's shortcomings I guess.

I think it's one the robots used in the Mechwarrior game, if it's not it sure looks a lot like one. I am sure there are things that could be improved, let me know what you think

Posted Image

And the resulting render.

Posted Image

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Edited as per request.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Unless I'm sadly mistaken, that'd be a Mad Cat. I still have 3 FULLY LEGIT copies of M4 and the expansions (cdkeys and everything) wandering somewhere around here... One of the few games I've actually bought. With cash. ;)But then...I never play it...it's just lacking something. And pfft. I hate multiplayer...I get owned...and it's never much fun even when I'm beating people.But I digress!Great cut. Can't find anything wrong at all with it, and it's a perfectly useable render. Nice work. Do more renders. :P

Mostly attributable to the fact that MW4 is a terrible game.Even if it wasn't part of the franchise it would have been and still isterrible. MW4 was released at the same point that FASA sold Battletechand the exact beginning of it's demise. I mean even excluding thefranchise, the game is just awful; all the damage and armor tables andcalculations are wrong, they introduced retarded new weapons and mechs,and the graphics were incredibly outdated almost as soon as the gamecame out. The mech designs themselves were just horrible as well (themodels, not the official fasa designs) and they saw fit to rape 20years of Battletech by changing the appearance of several 'mechs aswell as several integral parts of BT like the aforementioned combatvalues and the mech loadouts and whatnot. It WAS fun for a brief periodof time but it got old fast. Even the lagpoint searching of MW3 wasbetter than hitting someone 20 times with a PPC and not getting a killin mw4. 

Yes the mech is a Timber Wolf (IS Mad Cat) and it is quiteperfectly done according to the original FASA design. 

That looks really epic; a nice smooth render too. Mechwarrior 2 was one of my favorite games when I was young, and still is today. Timberwolf FTW!Do you have any plans to make any more Mechwarrior/Battletech related renders? Or is this one pretty much it?