xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bartolo

Will The New Xbox 360 Play Xbox Games?

Yes, it will, just like the Playstation 3 will be able to play the old PS1 and PS2 games. They have said that they can't say for sure it will play all of the old X-Box games though. I remember buying an old PS1 game and it wouldn't work on my PS2, so, it might be the same story for the new X-Box 360..

i would hope it would run the old games to

178680[/snapback]

hello, I am going to run through it real quick. There will be two versions of the xbox 360--core and premium. COre is $299 and Premium is $399. The premium comes with better xbox live, a headset, and other stuff listed below unfortunately, only the Premium version is backwards compatable due to its removable harddrive, which the Core version does not have.

Xbox 360 - Complete Premium Edition

Backwards compatible with previous Xbox games

20GB detachable hard drive

Wireless controller

Wireless Xbox Live headset

HD game displays on HDTVs

High-definition AV and Ethernet cables

Xbox 360 Media Remote Control

Detachable faceplate

Xbox Live Silver membership

Stream media from portable music devices & Windows XP PCs

512 MB of GDDR3 RAM

3 symmetrical cores - 3.2GHz each

500MHz ATI graphics processor

12x dual-layer DVD drive that supports: DVD, DVD+-R/RW, CD-R/RW, WMA & MP3

Built-in Ethernet port

2 memory unit slots

3 USB 2.0 ports

Wi-Fi ready: 802.11a, b & g

So buy the premium if you want you xbox games to work. You save so much more money then buying all the extra stuff individually. Hope I helped!

Is it true there will be 2 boxes? Never knew that, and i read the dutch XBoX Magazine. I know of the different XboX Live sets, but not of different boxes. Some1 knows if this is alsow true for Europe (don't know for sure, if I gonna buy one, but maybe)?. I hope the 'normal' 360 can do all this, cus the other one is really much more expensive...

I've read very little about it and was just wondering if anyone knows for sure wether or not the new system is going to be able to run the old games straight out.

178527[/snapback]

A majority of the more popular Xbox games right now will be backwards compatible with the 360. In the near future with the 360, they will come out with updates that you can get on xbox live that will give you compatibility for older games

I think Microsoft said that it would play all big, poular games, not sure :)

195716[/snapback]

Almost all of the big and popular games right now (Halo 2, Burnout Revenge, etc.) will be compatible for the 360. In time, all the old games will be compatible

from what i heard it will be able to play the popular xbox games, and yes there will be 2 systems which im getting the premium cuase i cant live without that hd and the point of the xbox was not to buy a memory card but oh well lol

You can purchase a HDD for a Core for about $100 USD, so in essence both sytems will be able to play the original Xbox games. You'll also need to download patches from the Live service, this is whay you need the drive (it's not some stupid marketing bull)