xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cumar11

It Investing

do you think it good move? they say company like VONAGE will become big business it has received more tham 300 million from investors, I feel sorry for those guys because. Most land line are very cheap around the world. Why world someone get a internet and use his internet as phone and pay some one plus the voice quality is crap and the call goes true internet and we all know how unreliable internet is .

I have a friend who has been using Vonage for his phone service for over a year now and loves it. Since he pays for broadband already, it is cheaper for him to subscribe to Vonage than buy regular phone service. Plus, with Vonage you get nationwide (US) long distance at no extra charge, which is not the case with plain old telephone service (POTS).Another thing - my friend recently moved from one small town to a city 60 miles away. He disconnected his Vonage hardware from his broadband connection in the small town and reconnected it in the city. Without contacting Vonage or making any major changes to his home network, he was able to make and receive calls at his new address. It's conceivable that a person could take the Vonage gear and connect it anywhere in the world to a broadband connection and make calls anywhere in the US from that location for nothing more than the monthly Vonage charge of $25 USD (although my friend hasn't tried that yet). And the voice quality is every bit as good as that of POTS.I give Vonage a thumbs up!

not so familiar with vonage service hence I would like to ask, is this the same as the VOIP service? My country is starting to introduce this technology and I see much promise in here, how about the cost? Is it more expensive that landline?