xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
flamette

Are Strawberries Avalible Worldwide? just wondering

Well, at least I know that it's not available in Kenya and Ethiopia. South Africa had awesome strawberries but they were very expensive. In the states, I can buy a supermarket sized box, usually contains 15 large ones, for $2.50 each. While I'm driving, I can by $1.00 per pound around farms and co-op market places. But man, I bought it for $6.00 a pound when I was in South Africa! I hope they were out of season prices... ;)

I dont know about other countries, but in Mexico there are strawberries and they are really good. About a box with ten or twelve strawberries prepared with whip cream cost about $2.00

Britain has strawberries, and very cheap. I can get a large basket full of strawberries for ?1.50 (about $2.70). OK, you pick them yourself, but at least you know what you're getting, and its fun ;)

wow that's nice, like Flakes say before here in Mexico you can get strawberrys like for $2.00 i think that are "the wild type ones" you know brought from the farm and in no box, of course u can buy them from "x" company better quality but yes a little more expensive like for $3.0 or $4.0

Strawberries are in warm places on the world , but there are also in meditterean places.In my place there are not much places to grew for strawberries but in our country we use meditterain.

They are also easily available in Austalia and India tooo, this are the two countries when i have been living..I am also sure it is available in every country...

interesting that strawberries can be the expensive world wide, but they are good and have many ways to use them yum yum.

I love strawberries! And I'm glad that the two countries I go to most both have them: England and Canada! I couldn't tell you about the prices though... My parents buy them! ;)

strasberries are available worldwide ... i think ... as long as the shipping is fast enough and the storage is suitable ... i think it's even available in tropical countries' supermarkets ... and i think we can even plant strawberries as long as the condition is good for it ..

Mmm... Strawberries... Yummie... I actualy have some strawberries in my garden :P not much though, just a few plants... But, they are kind of cheap, as many farms grow them, and we could get a kilo for about 1 euro...And I do love strawberries, especialy with some creme... Man, I wanna eat some now :P or, a sttrawberry cake... I'm drooling all over ;)Now days, I believe strawberries can be bought anywhere, as goes for other fruits and vegetables... Or any type of goods in general... The only difference is - price...

Strawberries are in warm places on the world

178662[/snapback]

they are pretty common pretty much everywhere I've been. However everyone has different preferences. For example one of my best friends from Poland is a complete strawberry addict. They use strawberries in pasta sauces, even in noodles.

There are strawberries in Turkey, but because of the warm climate their season is earlier than the stawberries of europe, around march. They aren't as common as some other fruit though like oranges, water melons and cherries.