xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cse-icons

Gmail Another Feature Multiple From Address

Hi,Gmail has come up another neat feature.You can now aggregate ur mail accounts to send mail.I know I am not clear, let me explain.If u have multiple e-mail accounts and in most cases u wud have..., u can send mails from u gmail account so that it appears that the mail originated from one of ur other email account. In short, u can choose the 'From' field value and let it be one of ur many email ids. For this u need to login to gmail, go to setting and in the account tab add an e-mail address. It will send a verification mail to the email-di u mentioned. Click the verification link and u can send e-mail using that id from gmail itself.You can also set a different reply-to address for each of the email address.I see one or the other new feature coming up on Google almost everyday...Hats off to them for be so pressing in enriching the users experience..Cheers.

I can do that with php too! It's not to hard, look-up some stuff on the php mail() function, I think there's a good guide on it here somewhere.php can do some pretty wicked stuff.Back to GMail though. This is good, it'll attract even more people to GMail I guess, that means more ads, more income for Google, more space for us!!! ;)

yeah, it is not difficult.. I know. Actually one can install an smtp server and configure it. Then it can be used to send a mail aliasing any id as a from id. that is the reason most corporates block direct smtp access.such softwares are easily available over the net and are used for phishing..But though they can be used to send mails, if the user goes thru the headers he can determine whether the domain that the mail claims to be from is the same as the one in the email address. The whois of APNIC/ARIC can be used to find out the owner of the originating IP address..Cheers.

HI,i just know that gmail have new feature of Gmail Talk any one know of it?

If u have multiple e-mail accounts and in most cases u wud have..., u can send mails from u gmail account so that it appears that the mail originated from one of ur other email account. In short, u can choose the 'From' field value and let it be one of ur many email ids.

and i just don't know if it's useful and which our part of life for that?
thank you .~ ps:i have so lots of gmail accounts,if you need invitation contact me.

realy very good add in by google

today they have announce Google Talk

very facinating tool

---------------------

Hi,

Gmail has come up another neat feature.

You can now aggregate ur mail accounts to send mail.

I know I am not clear, let me explain.

If u have multiple e-mail accounts and in most cases u wud have..., u can send mails from u gmail account so that it appears that the mail originated from one of ur other email account. In short, u can choose the 'From' field value and let it be one of ur many email ids.

For this u need to login to gmail, go to setting and in the account tab add an e-mail address. It will send a verification mail to the email-di u mentioned. Click the verification link and u can send e-mail using that id from gmail itself.

You can also set a different reply-to address for each of the email address.

I see one or the other new feature coming up on Google almost everyday...

Hats off to them for be so pressing in enriching the users experience..

Cheers.

178257[/snapback]

guangdian, its Google Talk, but you use your GMail email address to login. if a "professional" IM service, built with jabba, no stupid smileys, winks, nudges, or sisplay pictures, just plain old simple chat.Its very lightweight too, juts like google is.

I personally don't see any real application (for me) for this feature. But, of course, this kind of features and upgrades are the result of competition between google (gmail) and yahoo. Even thought this feature has no real application it's aim is clearly visible... for the people that use both services and/or other free email services this feature will surely make a difference; people will turn to gmail as their default free email provider.

thanks for the notification of this feature buddy!i have just applied this feature for my domain email address....what i do is forward all the emails to my gmail account and then use gmail as the main account for receivng email...everyone will know why i do so....if not let me tell you...the reason is SPACE.now i'll be able to send emails from the gmail account showing that i have sent it from my domain email address.thanks again for the notification!

hi,I find this feature useful.Since if u have many mail ids, or may be some account with POP3 features or redirecting all the mails so that u can check them on gmail.Now what happens if u want to reply to a certain mail that was actually sent to another account but u read it in Gmail as it had be redirected....You would need to go to that id, login and compose the mail, Now u can do it all here and the person at the other end would never know whether everything happened in the gmail in between...Hope u now understand the use of the feature...So no more multiple logins if u can read other mail from gmail u can answer/reply back too.... ;)Cheers.