xisto Community
Unregistered 015

How Many Of You Use English As Second Language? And where are you from if it...

I'm just corious about how many native English speakers are here at Xisto, and where are they from? Where are you from if it is not your native languge? How did you learn it?

By the way, I'm from Bosnia, and I speak Bosnian (serbian, and croatian too, since it's just a variation of the same old serbo-croatian language spoken in ex-yu). I learned English in school and by using computer :)

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Moving from General Talk to Life Talk > Regional. Credit still counts.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Hm i'm half Spanish and half german but i can speak english as well and if it was my native language. This is because when i was 6 i moved with my family to indonesia and went to the international school there. since then ive been speaking english in school for 9 years now. I also speak Spanish because my dad is spanish, German because my mom is german and a bit of french because im doing it in school since about 3 years. Bah the grammar in that is probably way of but that happens when i have to many things in my head.

well, English is not my native language, my native language is Hindi as I am from INDIA. I learnt English in school and thats a diff. thing that any language can't be learnt completely in few years...it needs lot of time and practise to master any language....and I am still learning it.

English is the second language for me and this can be easily spotted in many of my writings and in my conversations with friends and foes alike. And I don't feel shy or ashamed of the same. As long as I can convey what I wanted others to know and if they can understand me that is all I needed. Though French seems to be more well structured and disciplined in grammer, English is more fun to learn.

Well, English is not my mother's language, and sometimes I am a bit affraid of making mistakes, i mean, the big ones :D My primary language is Spanish, but I guess most of the people all over the world know English much better than Spanish. Actually, I was reading somewhere that Spanish language is getting stronger. Everyday there are more people interested on learning this language :)Cheers! :D

Technically, English is my second language, but it's the one that I learned first. My mother-tongue is Tamil, which I spoke fluently until I was about two and went to preschool. I've forgetten most of my language now and it makes me kind of sad :/

English is my second language... well, I guess i must say it?s my third language indeed. I?m from the Basque Country (legally Spain, someones don?t like it though) and my native language is spanish but I also know the basque language, called euskera.Anyway I think I know more english. I studied it on school but I think I?ve learned it for the most part listening rock music and using computers. It?s easy to learn. I?m also learning german right now... it?s very funny. :)

estoy mamado de hablar en ingles, yo lo q se hablar es epa?ol, y esque si nosotros los hispanos podemos hablar ingles, entonces porque ellos no hablan espa?ol, es que les queda muy dificil!!! ;)

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
I was warned not to type other than English when replying. Although many of us are not English native, this does not give me the right to be special and go against the forum rule. I am glad to receive a warning adjutment for this post. Thank you.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

i guess you could say english is neither my first or second language since I learned both at around the same time. I spoke spanish at home and english at school....and its because we're puerto rican

I am from pakistan n i know english actually it is tought in most of our schools as its the international language

I'm just corious about how many native English speakers are here at Xisto, and where are they from? Where are you from if it is not your native languge? How did you learn it?

By the way, I'm from Bosnia, and I speak Bosnian (serbian, and croatian too, since it's just a variation of the same old serbo-croatian language spoken in ex-yu). I learned English in school and by using computer :angry:

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Moving from General Talk to Life Talk > Regional. Credit still counts.

English was my second language when I was small. Then they gave me a test after 6 months of being in the US. It stated that my second language was Spanish after living in the US for so little time.

im from haity i speack kreol,french, and english im also learning spanishlearning english took me about three months or so wen i came to the US i knew no english exeot (F.U.) i was in fourth grade by fifth i waz pretty good at least better than befor it waz pretty esy in my opinion :D

I am a Filipino. If you don't know what that is... it's a person from the Republic of the Philippines.I usually talk easily using either English or Filipino so I suppose you could say it's a second language to me, in the sense that it's not my native language and I'm using it.However, when it comes to writing, I use the English language more than Filipino.:D