xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
heavensounds

Amd Attacks Intel - Intel Retreats :)

According to inquirer, AMD published a comercial in a few american newspapers (Wall Street Journal, USA Today, San Francisco Chronicle and others) in which AMD processor stands in a fighting ring and waits for his Intel opponent. That was a move, with which they are tryin' to stimulate Intel to accept a battle in which both new two-core processors would be tested by an impartial company. AMD claims that this would be the only way for users to know which processor to choose..

Well Paul Ottelini, CEO of Intel have easily turned down the challenge.

If you want to know more please read the original story in The inquirer.

Intel was acctualy right to back off because AMD is a high-category "boxer", but the question is what will be users reaction to this..

but the question is what will be users reaction to this..

177794[/snapback]

Well, I don't think anything drastic will happen. Intel may lose very small amount of users, that won't be noticeable... The thing is, Intel has his users, and AMD has his users. Now, these two categories are very much like some religious sects.... Intel fans, speak against AMD, at any given oportunity, and same goes for AMD fans... So, when I say noithing drastic will happen, you know what I mean...

I, for example, am Intel's fan, and there is no way, I would by AMD, even if it is cheaper, and possibly, faster... I had an AMD a while ago... It burst into flames, and dragged the motherboard along... Not a pretty site, and cost me a bundle... So, that's why I'll never switch to AMD... I think, if Intel were to stop making processors, I would switch to Mac ;)

The fact remains, that Intel is a professionals choice, whereas AMD is a gamers choice... The two are, in my oppinion, uncompareable... But, we will see what the new day brings...

You say Intel is a professional choice but you are wrong, it only seems that way because Intel being the giant corporation has deals with the biggest companies like Dell and HP etc... and they use Intel CPUs. If it was the other way round you would have been saying the exact opposite for Intel and AMD.AMD did call out for a third party neutral lab to compare AMD and Intel CPUs side by side, that was in their newspaper ads I think. Intel is having their IDF (Intel Developer Forums) and AMD wants to draw attention away from it.In IDF Intel declared that they will now work to get the best performance per Watt by combining their desktop NetBurst architecture with the laptop Pentium-M power enhancements. This is precisely why Apple turned to Intel and every major laptop manufacturer also uses Intel CPUs.

I also had an AMD processor set on fire, it was really freaky actually, my screen just turned black all of the sudden there was redish-orange glow inside my PC, it destroyed everything inside my PC case.However that was years ago, and I've tried newer AMD's that work perfectly fine, they are much faster than Intel, and much cheaper, but I will stay with Intel, because I am much mre familliar with them, and if you run on a Intel Xeon like I do then your processor will kick any AMD processor's *ss.

Performance wise, I have found AMD much better than Intel.

The AMD produces quality processors, but their Marketing stratagies were not as chalanging as Intels. But now AMD is getting into the ring. ;-)

The Intel gets benifit from its long history of processor manufecturing experience. For several years Intel has been an Icon of computer processors. There pantium range is a success.

Well, The AMD is the best in the market but with out a signboard for many years. The marketing can affect a company's revenues to an great extent. That is why AMD is starting a comatitive Ad campaign.

ahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahIf it was up to me seriously i would like intel to go down and get their crappy computers and GFX cards and sound cards and other *BLEEP* stuff with them cos AMD rulez and Intel cant be compared to them ... the only good thing intel make is processors atleast i think so .... my pc is fully intelated and I wish i had a ps3 its the same price but only everything will run on it...

everytime amd release a new version of there processor the intel always been threaten....they sholud lower the price because they provide the same...except for games amd is the best...: )