xisto Community
serverph

Google Talk Talk and IM with your friends for free

still in beta, but it looks promising. :) we've been hearing about some IM by google before, and here it is.

They say talk is cheap. Google thinks it should be free. Google Talk enables you to call or send instant messages to your friends for freeanytime, anywhere in the world. Google Talk offers you:

* Choice: Get in touch how and when you want toover email, IM or a call

* Quality: Talk through your computer but hear your friends as if they were in the same room

* Convenience: Your Gmail contacts are pre-loaded into Google Talk so inviting or talking to your friends is just a click away.

users must have a GMAIL account to use it. but since almost everyone has gmail already, it won't be a problem building your contacts with the Google Talk IM. :D only thing is, it would require a much later version of windows: XP and 2000 only. mac and linux connectivity is available though using other IM clients.

download Google Talk here:

https://www.google.com/hangouts/

well i just came to know about the google talk and was trying to tell about this to everyone here at Xisto when i noticed that it's been already posted here :)well, this is a great move by Google....i am sure that soon it will be able to beat yahoo messenger and infact all other yahoo messenger service.

It sounds great, but my computer already has four instant messanging clients opened at once...Skype, MSN Messenger, ICQ, and AIM. Unless its really good I doubt I'll be able to use it, but I'm going to check it out. :)

still in beta, but it looks promising. :) we've been hearing about some IM by google before, and here it is.

users must have a GMAIL account to use it. but since almost everyone has gmail already, it won't be a problem building your contacts with the Google Talk IM. :D only thing is, it would require a much later version of windows: XP and 2000 only. mac and linux connectivity is available though using other IM clients.

download Google Talk here:

https://www.google.com/hangouts/

177782[/snapback]

I have a question, do you work for Google, or track their every move? Your always like the first person to find out about everything related to Google, it's cool.

The Google Instant Messanger, seems very fast (it connects fast) I haven't talked to anyone (don't know anyone using it yet... :D) it will be a while if ever that it becomes more popular than AOL Instant Messanger, but it might do well, just as GMail did. Otherwise it'll end up like ICQ, well known, but not used... :D

Indeed, the program looks promising, and that's very good seeing that it's on beta stage (ok.. beta is another name for google programs).Now the biggest achievement will be get lots of people using it, as what's the use of a instant messenger, if you can't talk with anyone? :)

Ah, yeah I heard about this yesterday. I got it, I don't have any contacts or buddies or whatever you call them on google talk. I just got it to check it out. You know see what cool things it has the Aol instant messenger or MSN don't have.

Haha, google sure loves to create new things.I just downloaded it and installed it to try it out. It wasn't good, nor is it bad. In my opinion, MSN is still way better than Google Talk.

This new insant messenge by google seems very cool, a lot of people have been waiting on such a program by Google and it finaly arrived.. ;) Now, I just need some people for my contact list since I dont know much people who regulary use Google :[

This is still a BETA, but it's surprisingly stable!I already have ICQ and MSN (together in my instant messenger - Trillian), and I managed to setup Google talk to run inside it using the Jabber protocol (As far as I know, Google is using the Jabber protocol for instant messaging), but I can't use any VOIP features yet ;) . Just hope that Cerulean studios release a Google Talk plug-in soon! I don't want to stick in a bunch of instant messengers in my system tray and slow down my computer so that I can stay in touch with only one person that uses a different IM protocol than me...