xisto Community
Zychez

Tales Of Eternia Online something to be ready for...w00tness

Final Fantasy XI is one of the first console/Japanese RPGs that expanded into MMORPGs.

This year Namco follows suit as Namco's popular Tales series is going to be an MMORPG. On a personal note, while I expect a grind, I hope that Namco makes the grinding less obvious through a plethora of quests.

General Info Game: Tales of Eternia Online

Publisher: Namco

Developer: Namco Genre: MMORPG

Release Date: TBA (Currently in closed beta)

Official Site: 『テイルズ オブ エターニア オンライン』

IGN : A massively multiplayer online PC version of the popular Namco Tales series, expanding off of the classic PlayStation and later PSP update chapter called Tales of Eternia (also known as Tales of Destiny II in America.) This online RPG uses its established Linear Motion Battle System, and allows for a good many peaceful activities such as cooking and chatting, as well as active combat in the epic story.

Gamespot : TOKYO--Namco has begun closed beta testing in Japan of its debut massively multiplayer online role-playing game, Tales of Eternia Online. As the title suggests, Tales of Eternia Online takes place in the same universe as 2000's Tales of Eternia for the PlayStation (released in North America as Tales of Destiny II). The beta test lets players travel around the western half of Inferia, including the continents of Barole, Mints, and Moruru. The game features locations from the original console RPG, such as the village of Rashuan, where TOE's main character Reid Hershel was born and raised. At the current stage of beta testing, players can create up to three characters per server and select each character's gender and class. Five different classes are currently available for selection: warrior, swordsman, martial artist, white sorcerer, and magic sorcerer.

The player can choose to start out from one of three locations: the port town of Barole, the village of Moruru, or the town of Mints. TOEO uses a symbol encounter system similar to the original TOE, wherein the player enters battle mode whenever he or she bumps into an enemy symbol that's moving around the field map. The players fight in real-time using the series' Linear Motion Battle System. Players can perform combination attacks if they execute moves in a certain order in an allotted time span.

If the character dies in battle, TOEO's "piggyback system" lets characters carry around the deceased. If they make it to a church, the dead character can be resurrected with no experience penalities. Namco has not yet announced an official launch date for the game. For a look into Tales of Eternia Online, check out the new screenshots.

Media : Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Aaaaaaaah..cute graphics...kawaii characrers,,WAAAAAA ;_;

i wonder if an english version would come out....

Hey guys, don�t have an english version of this game?Man, I love Tales of series, in special Tales of eternia, and I really want to play it, bit looks like there�s no way to this happens...I was searching, and looks like the japanense server has closed in May...PLEASE, if somebody knows something about an english version, In the name of God, tell us!!-reply by JoeZeybel

Man oh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan !! I never knew about this when I saw a youtube clip about this today !!

Man I love this game soo much that I finished the game so many times. When will the official release for english version be on ?

-reply by badjoe99

Tales of Eternia OnlineTales Of Eternia Online

It was an awesome game, unfortunately it was canceled due to the lack of subscriptions when it turned Pay to Play. How can they expect to have a lot of subscriptions when they only release it in Japanese? I won't pay for a game I don't understand the language of.It's a shame they never got smart enough to release it globally instead.

-reply by Makuru