xisto Community
Nue1

Window Media Player Or Winamp? Which one you like?

Window Media Player or Winamp?Which one do you like? Reason.I like Both though I use Window Media Player to play movie instead of using it to listen to music. Window Media Player I use it when that I watch anime then having a codec attach to it. It is easier to watch it through Window Media Player.Winamp, I used it to play songs. It is easy to use and simple. You can have a movie on Winamp too but it is a bit hard (for me) to use through Winamp and play the movie. When you play songs you have adjust a sound too, or tune it.

I use Window Media Player for music and videos because I don't find any point of installing another player that does the same thing, since Window Media Player is already included in Windows OS which we've paid for it.The features in Window Media Player and Winamp doesn't make huge differences as well. If anyone prefers Winamp, please state your reason too, I really want to know why people still like an additional player which does the same thing.

Before my audio driver went I had used both Winamp and Windows Media Player. I used Winamp to listen to my music because Windows would be a pain in the butt because it froze. I would use Windows Media Player to watch trailers to upcoming movies. All in all I liked them both, for some kind of reason that equaled up. I don't have either anymore due to my audio not working but if it worked then I would definitely have both. I depended on them both. Ever since I've been without, music just hasn't been the same.

same here.....i use both windows media player and winamp as well.it seems to me that most of the people follow the same thing that they use WINAMP for the music and WMP for the videos.The best part about Winamp is that it is very easy to operate and has loadz of plugins through which we can improve its performance.well, i use WINAMP version 2.9 because it is light and uses less resources.

I use both - Winamp for music files and Windows Media Player for movies, trailers, etc. Winamp is quicker to start up in the first place and is pretty much all I need if I just want to play files without waiting for WMP to start up. Aside from that I also use iTunes.

You guys have the point on using them both :)Well it is been a long time since I started use them both in the same day, even right now I use winamp to listen to music.

well, i must say that winamp is my favorite! There are several reasons...First I think it is esteticaly speaking a lot more beautiful than Windows Media Player (WMP). Than I think it works faster evethough it is not directly implemented in windows. If you have a slow computer than winamp should be your choice without any fancy skins or stuff like that. It also takes less ram and eats less disk space. It also has many more plug-ins and other adds than WMP and the most important thing is it is A LOT more simple to use. Than there is media library and internet radio. I think that winamp offers wider and better range of internet radios than WMP, although i don't really know how good WMP's are :D All in all....I LIKE WINAMP!!!!!!!!!!!! :):D

Well, personally, if i were on windows and cared at all, :) I would not use either of these:

It's time for a change
Stop what you're doing, find shelter and call your mom, because Quintessential Player 4.50 has arrived. This new version brings you closer to your music then ever before. Stop letting your media player push you around, take control with Quintessential's new and improved arsenal of features.

QCD is still all about you. With its new extended freeform skinning engine and plethora of feature extending plugins Quintessential Player can be whatever you want it to be.

Most importantly you can take control of your listening experience for FREE. How is this possible you ask? It just is. Don't let the price fool you, there are no Pro versions, cripples, nags or spyware. Quintessential is here to be enjoyed without any catches.

For more information take the Quintessential Tour!

This is the player I used before i started to use gentoo linux, and now I use xmms and mplayer, both superior to anything like winmediaplayer....

The best feature of this player is definately its quick loading and skins...awsum

For me, I really kind of like both. They work well, in my view. But if i were to pick, i would like winamp. Cause it smaller size, i like that cause my comp is pretty slow so i wouldnt like any big files, and it fast and effective. Window media player is pretty well, but Winamp is just better.

I use both - Winamp for music files and Windows Media Player for movies, trailers, etc. Winamp is quicker to start up in the first place and is pretty much all I need if I just want to play files without waiting for WMP to start up. Aside from that I also use iTunes.

Winamp takes quite a while to load on my computer, perhaps because I have all the SHOUTcast add-ons for internet broadcasting etc.

I use both Windows Media Player and Winamp. Windows Media player for movies and other video, then Winamp for music.

I use Winamp for music because WMP doesn't play half my MP3's for some reason :) . And I use Media Player for my movies and stuff because in Winamp, when I'm in full screen video mode I can't turn the volume up or down without turning off full screen mode and then putting it back...

So in conclusion, they both have pros and cons, perhaps things for them both to look at.. :D

i like winamp most.because:it's easyit's tiny (doesn't use much RAM)it has many optionthere are very much codecs and sorts of thing for itit has a tray-icon optioni use Windows Media Player most to watch movies and dvd's or to listen to some radiostations which don't support winamp.