xisto Community
PhxStorks

Been Trying To Post In Your Voice! Your Review! It wont let me

I wanted to post a couple of reviews (both good) in the Your Voice! Your Review! section but I keep getting an error. Do I not have the right to post in that one because I am new (no hosting yet)? If not, is there another area where a review of a couple of online services could fit? It is not my site I want to review, I saw the area for that.Thank you for any help you can provide.--Jane

Yes, you're right Jane. It's because you're not hosted yet.I told OpaQue to move it down to the Have Your Say forum, but he wouldn't do it because he wanted that forum to get more traffic first. Silly OpaQue.Anyway, hold your voice until you get a hosting account here. In the mean time, I'll go PM this thread to OpaQue.

but he wouldn't do it because he wanted that forum to get more traffic first.

um ok that makes alot of sense... let's LIMIT the number of people who can post... so we can get more traffic in there? :)
I will wait until I'm hosted to post them, I have already mentioned one item in another post in passing (unrelated). Thanks for the info.
--Jane

um ok that makes alot of sense... let's LIMIT the number of people who can post... so we can get more traffic in there?  :)

I will wait until I'm hosted to post them, I have already mentioned one item in another post in passing (unrelated). Thanks for the info.

--Jane

177359[/snapback]

Haha, whoops. I didn't even think of that point when I talked to him.

Well, I already PMed this thread to OpaQue, and he should respond within a week. I'll keep you posted.

You should be able to get package 1 now. Your posts are somewhat meaty, and as of now, you have 9 posts....

Yeah I know, i tend to babble on... I found alot of threads in here very interesting & felt I had something to contribute to them. Not sure if anyone would agree though :) I actually wanted to get to the 30 points so I don't have to bother with upgrading. But I do have one question, I wanted to get this free account to "Try out" the hosting & see if I can create the site myself. I was hoping to start out with a sub-domain here at Xisto (because my site is currently live & working & I don't want to mess that up.) And then when the new site is ready, I wanted to switch the sub-domain over to the "normal" domain, replacing my existing site. Is that going to be possible? Or do I need to start out with the EXACT name I want to site to be?Sorry if that's a dumb question...Thanks for all the help, Jane

I actually wanted to get to the 30 points so I don't have to bother with upgrading. But I do have one question, I wanted to get this free account to "Try out" the hosting & see if I  can create the site myself. I was hoping to start out with a sub-domain here at Xisto (because my site is currently live & working & I don't want to mess that up.) And then when the new site is ready, I wanted to switch the sub-domain over to the "normal" domain, replacing my existing site. Is that going to be possible? Or do I need to start out with the EXACT name I want to site to be?

177372[/snapback]

We wouldn't be the best free hosting on the web if that option were not possible, now would we? :)

The answer is yes. You can start out with a subdomain to try stuff (assuming that you have a site hosted somewhere else), and when you're ready, you can buy a domain and use it here. Just remember to make that request at the Change of Domain Name forum: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/173-free-web-hosting-change-of-domain-name/

OK Cool! I already own my domain, it's just hosted somewhere else right now. I've been reading some more & I think I will start with the 10 point package afterall, because if I start with the 30 point package, that's what I'll have to keep "paying" each month incredits/posts, right? I'd rather be able to spend my time trying to figure this c-panel thingy out! :) And upgrade later if I need too!Thanks again for all your help, I will quit bothering you now! --Jane