xisto Community
PhxStorks

What Is... The Lifegem? Youre not gonna believe this...

The LifeGem? is a certified, high-quality diamond created from the carbon of your loved one as a memorial to their unique life.

It is jewel that is created from the ashes of a deceased person, to help remember them. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I just read about it today & thought I'd share it.

Here is a link to the website: http://lifegem.com/

wow! thats something which is cool!i am sure they must have found a technique of making the diamond using the ashes of a deceased person.well this kind of service is good because if you love someone and sadly loose them, you can still be near them with this service.i really liked this idea..nice share buddy!

Now I've seen everything!This looks like some kind of marketing scheme to sell more diamonds. Don't you think? I mean this is the worst idea since the taxidermy was thought out. How can one person place a price of another person's life--not along carrying them around in his/her jewelry? I'm not bashing the idea of keeping the memory of the loved ones, but the people who came up with this idea to exploit their sorrow in the name of almighty money.Stick a fork in me, god, because I'm done and have seen everything and I'm ready to die in peace. :) Good grief...I couldn't figure out the process which cremated ashes are to be fused with the diamond. If the whole diamond is made from carbon ashes then it's not a real natural diamond. That means it will depreciate over the periods of time. Then, it's not actually an investment over the life time (as the website claims) but simply carrying around an urn, a very expensive urn in pretty enclosure. HA! And what would happen if someone decides to pawn that diamond? Yuck! I hate to be the one who purchase dead person's diamond with the dead inside. :D

Indeed, on the moral side, i think it's very wrong to like, "Well, your son's ashes will cost ***$ money..", or even worse carrying the "diamond" out like a normal jewelry item..I've saw everything too.. geez.Of course that's just my opinion.

Wow...Who would carry it around as jewlry? I doubt anyone would want to. All they want to do is make more and more and MORE money untill they suck the saps dry. And yes as SM said it would deteriorate over time because its not really made from a rock, its made of dead people....wow...That would be scary to have in a house, the body of a dead person compacted into a gem. You toss the gem onto the floor and see it at the foot of your bed at night....Perfect horror movie...

soylent transparent? That just popped into my head.The idea's been around for a while - I think i read something about it in Odessy 2061 or 3001 (Arthur C Clarke), where they had a big hemispherical room with diamonds in the ceiling, arranged in the pattern of the stars.And if you though the lifegem was bad, you can also get teensy little sealed vials on a necklace - filled with your partner's body fluids of choice. Yay?

Is it just me, or does that just really disturb some people! I want to go 6 feet under like normal, I don't want to see myself on someone's finger/neck/ear! Taking a consensus of my friends in class next to me, 5/5 find the idea of this disturbing, although one of them had the first response of "which relative"

that is really really sick, someone you love dies so you turn him/her to jewerly?there must be something wrong with the people who thought of this, probably weren't held by their moms as babies.

Actually I would prefer this rather than putting the ashes into a bowl or something because that can fall on the ground and than you're spread all over the floor.. In this way you can have that person always with you and it's not falling apart quickly I guess, so no spreading all over the floor ;)Anyway, in this way you have something beautiful always with you with a part of the one you loved. What's the use of a bowl with ashes..?

This is another thing in a row of things you don't need at all! First of all the person you loved is not in that ash beacuse you are not the body!! And this is why it is the same as if you would put any other material in that diamond...It is like treasuring his chlotes not himself! I really feel compassion for those people who feel the need to use this sort of things and I am ashamed of my human identity, because one of my kind was so "smart" that he found another way to make money on peoples sorrow!!!This is not OK at all!

Hmm... sounds rather wierd to me, and I don't think that it's anything beyond an amusing idea - it clearly looks like exploitation of emotions/sentiments by a group of people (company, whatever). However, reminds me of various mythological and fantasy stories where rings and other inanimate objects have special powers because they have special souls inside them :P - okay, that was a joke in bad taste, I'm afraid, but that's what struck me when I read the post first :P Definitely not an idea I feel comfortable about. :(