xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bmxpunker2005

My Website not working

ok so I've been trying everything to get my site working, a few people have been trying to help and thats much appreciated, My site is braybrothers.trap17.com no matter what i do my template will not work, i made one in Dreamweaver and another in web page maker V2, at first the site showed some of my templates information it was just messed up without the pics, now the page just wont be displayed, I first thought it might be the Xisto servers, Man i really want to work on my site and make it cool, but I cant even get the basic home page to work, If anyone can help that would be much appreciated, thanksJason

OK, two things. Is your index page in either the public_html or www folder? If not, do that first.Second, is it hosted at Xisto or Xisto? That would make a big difference.I remember that I uploaded my 404 page first so I'd have something to see when I couldn't fix my site :)

okay.
no,no,it's not my_html.
your all files must be in publi_html
just not mentioned the www dir
it's no use i think
then remember your dir must is a index.htm,or index.html,or index.php file.so it could be display your index page.
if you find the templates creating work is so hard i just suggested you can install a cms system (content manegment system) which will be more professional style you would choose.just click on http://www.opensourcecms.com/ you would got more information.
and which more added:if you lik html very much and just wanna doing something with code or by your manually,then i give an advice that most important thing is the CSS,it's the most thing to beautify the webpages.
good luck
Guangdian.

Check that it's named correctly and that you've either uploaded a file in the correct format (.htm, php, .html, .shtml, etc.). Also make sure it's in "public_html", not my_html. I think it really is something do to with your directory or your file name because mine works even without the http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

Ok I think I know what your problem is if this is your first time using a ftp.Go to ftp.yousite.trap17.com or ftp.yoursite.trap17.cok/public_html and ten right click and click login as.Use you user name and pass to login which will give you adcess to public_html because u can t adcess it from cpanel.Transfer all you .html or pictures or w/e to your public html and you are set.But you can edit the pages from your ftp so you might wanna make a folder with you .html and stuff so you can edit it and over-upload it to ftp if you dont know how to use a ftp client.

It wont let me login to ftp.yoursite.trap17.cok/public_html  it doesent give me a chance to login, to either site it just sayas windows cannot access the folder etc.  Damn i'm really having bad luck,

177416[/snapback]

Well first of all, the address is wrong. It's not "cok" but it's "com" Second, you cannot FTP using your browser. You should use any FTP software. In the hosting members section, you will see the pinned topic regarding setting up FTP software. There are others out there and I use FileZilla. It's free.

Third, yes you can access public_html folder and upload using your cPanel page. Log in and click on File Management. A new window will open which resembles a directory listing. But you have to remember is that you shouldn't click the words but the folder icon to navigate. People always forget that. But using a FTP software is much easier when uploading massive or a single file out of hundreds of files later.

If you don't want to download an FTP program then you can create a Network Place, if you are on Windows.
Open My Network Places, then click Add A Network Place.
Click Next and Next again.
Type http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ into the box and click next.
Clear the tick next to Log On Anonymously, then type braybrothers into the box and click Next.
Click Next again and then Finish.

Now all you need to do to transfer files is open the public_html folder by double clicking it and dragging or copy-and-pasting your files across, just like a folder on your computer.

Hope that helps.

Did you ever manage to fix your problem? the link above isn't working so i'm assuming that you haven't uploaded your index page or that you just named it something else. Getting a webpage up and running is really the easiest thing in the world get working.round.trap17.com

nanicherry cool page, rvalkass cool idea i like that ;) and no I havent got the site running yet, I did put my template which I named index.html in my public_html folder, I have had alot of good help from many cool people on here, I must have deleted something I wasn't supposed to. Anyhow I requested to get my account reset, Thankyou all for your help and support. One of these days I'll get my site working. Jason

YES!!!! I finally got my site working, I made it in notepad this time and it worked, It aint that great at all yet, but at least it works, Thank you all for your support and help. It's so cool how many people help noobs like me here. One day I can return the favor and that's what its all about. I really like the way this site is run. It took me a little while to get it working and It will probably take even longer to get the site all pretty. Ha well thanks again everybody Peace.