xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bsdpowa

What Would You Do If You Had 5,000$

OK, say you have 5,000$ and you want to double or triple it, what would you do? Where would you invest the money to and how would you do it? Share your ideas.

I was hoping this would be a "What would you spend it on" topic. >_>Well, if I were old enough I would buy stocks or go gambling.I can't do that though so I would probably put it in a bank cd where it gains a lot of iterest because you can't take it out for a certain amount of time. That is what I would do... :)

It depends if you want to risk your cash or not. Going gambling is a lot of risk and putting it into a bank is safest, less profitable investment. Buying stocks is always a chance but if you do not have experience i guess it is not that simple.

best investment? wait for new and exciting comic books with a potentially huge following to come out, buy a bunch of first edition copies, seal them in anti-aging packets, then wait for 50 years or so, then sell them in mint condition. :D you can earn millions! :)

Well, gambling is not an option and I don't want to buy comic books and wait 50years to sell them :).I don't have 5,000$ so it's all hypothetical.Putting it on a bank is same as buying comic books and you can't earn alot of money by doing that.Stocks...well you would need at least 100,000$ in order to gain some serious cash, 5,000$ is way too little.Ofcourse you would like to spend it, who wouldn't :D but it's harder to gain money then to spend it.Let me hear some more suggestions.

I've had around that amount in stocks through a brokerage for about the last 3 years, it's pretty cool, you invest it and then just forget about it. Last I checked I think it had grown around 30% in the last 3 years, not bad at all, I'll basically forget about it for a few years and then hopefully it would have doubled and adjusted according to the GDP and inflation.

$5000 is a lot of money here in the Philippines. I'd probably invest it in a small business like a chip shop or something 'cuz I've always wanted to own one :) . My advise I guess is to invest it in a business (like a profitable website maybe if you're into e-commerce or to whatever you like really) or as what others have suggested buy stocks with it.

I would invest the money in setting up a web hosting server in my own home. Or I would invest it in utilities because you can always count on power, gas, and water. If I could spend it on something that didn't have to make money I would create a free webhosting site.

hmmm first i would buy a new mobile phone (cause mine is kaput)and a cool new computer, then i would probably go to town and drink allot with my friends on my costs, and the rest i would put on the bank i think :)

I'm a 14 year old male, who is addicted to videogames/computer/TV.If I had $5000, the chances of me caring enough to go through some junk to try and make more, and not just spend it all, is slim to none. So, I cannot answer.

Omg if i had 5000 dollars..i would like....die. xDNo, if i did, thats a waste of money. If i had 5000 dollalrs, i would but until my hears content. actaully, i'll probably save like half in the bank and spend th rest. From games, to maybe a really good server. If i had 5000 dollars, i wouldnt be here at all. xD

put some in the bank so i wont go completely broke..pay off some dets i may have then whateva else i want with it