xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
patelg

Printing On Cd/dvd How do i print on CD/DVD

It shouldn't be hard :)1-create image for your cd label with some paint program2-insert in printer one printable not simple compacat disc 3-use the softfare program,which i think u did get with printer4-print :DI know this will not help you much but I think important think here it is to choose right CD type. It should be called "printable" otherwise the paints will not soak to CD label surface

You could buy a CD labelling kit. One of the most popular is called CD Stomper. Have a look for it in a computer shop, they only cost a few pounds and come with about 20 labels and all the info you need, including some software to design them.

That is the Phillips drive I'm guessing or some derivative, you need speacial CDs designed for that. They have a front side that is coated with a speacial material so when you flip the CD and use the program supplied you can burn images to the front of the CDs. I haven't seen those discs anywhere so I don't know how useful that drive really is.

You can get special discs that have a plain dull white cover on one side, mine say Inkjet Printable on the cases...Ive never tried printing on the discs as Ive never known how but I just use a CD labelling kit.You can pick them up for pretty cheap from most stationary shops and you just put them in your printer, print the label onto it, then stick it onto your disc. Job done :ph34r:

Printing on cd is very easy if you get a cd labelling kit. It's cheap too. It comes with a very easy to use software and the paper thats the perfect size for ur cd. After buying that basically all you have to do is install the software and open the pic ture that you want, and put it here you want it and it does the rest by itself...it's really easy.

I use an Epson R200 which has a special cd printing tray. As long as your lexmark has the same capabilities (too lazy to google it), you just have to get Printable CDs/DVDs and follow the instructions that came with your printer.I get much better results on printable cds than you do if you go the labelling route.

If you goto your local pc stop they normally sell the cd sticky labels for printing on.

Each label manufaturer put the cd label in different places on the sheet , so the store should also sell the printing software required for the labels that you buy.

There is a problem with labelling your discs though ... if you dont get them centred correctly when sticking them on you can get read errors as it throws the disc out of balance. You can buy a labelling tool that should help with this.

The latest way is to put your disc into a printer and directly print onto the surface of the disc. You need special printable discs and a printer that can print direct to disc ... i dont think your lexus has that capabilty.

By the way .... i dont know what you pay for your replacement ink cartridges for the lexus , but i own an epson c62 printer and for epsons you can buy compatable ink cartridges for a fraction of the cost .... 1 black + 1 colour cartridge all for Ł1.95 .... see link.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

So you could buy yourself a new epson printer capable of printing direct to disc with the money saved by buying compatable ink cartriges.

Epson R200(or R300) is a good printer for CD/DVD, except bad magenta color

Buy paper for developing film, before you take picture. It is important'n stupid. But you must follow this instruction.

191688[/snapback]

If you don't have printer that you can stick the cd into, you have to get cd labels to print on. Then you can get on like, paint shop pro or something like that and make and print your own labels. If you go and get a cd printing package like cd stomper, it comes with software, labels, and a stomper. I have "Cd Stomper" and it works great!