xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ryo

Half Life.vs.halo

Whats better half life or halo  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think that half life series is better cuz its got better weapons and more storie to it than halo but i am a big halo fan to but id have to say half life series is better and also half life 2 is so much better than halo 2 no question

i also think half life is better than halo cuz its got counter strike and the gravity gun in half life 2 is so much fun but i like some of the weapons in halo 2 a bit more and the story for halo 2 is much better written i think

I also think half-life is better. Besides I think everybody will say that half-life is better becouse this game has many very old funs.I think better it would be to do pool "farcry VS halo" :)

I would say yes half life is better but there are aTON of halo lovers at my school. They say you do is all you kill stuff and don't protect earth what retards.What make me like half is the plot,guns,and how they make there animation and alot other stuff-reply by graphic

Replying to RyoAlthough I am a big Half Life fan, it doesnt have a better story. The Halo series has books, and they are good. With Half Life 2, you jump in the middle of the resistance and the story wasn't related to Half Life 1. What I really like in Halo is you can take more hits, you can dual wield, throw grenades with more ease, and jump 9 feet in the air. So I'm saying Halo-reply by Theo Papke

In my opinion, you can't compare those 2 games together. Different companies, different idea, different gameplay. Yes, it's still an FPS but it plays different. Hell, they're in a different engine too.Replying to Theo Papke above...God...Of course Half-Life 2's story is related to Half-Life 1! It's just set some years later.Gosh, if you're a fan you wouldn't make such a critical mistake.Ending, another reason why they can't be compared: Half-Life 2 tried to take a more realistic take on something that could happen in such an experiment. Halo doesn't seem THAT realistic to me.Then again, I'm arguing with posts from 3 years ago and from 2 months ago.

Edited by i_speel_good (see edit history)

Halo is a great online game, it is built, mastered online. The storyline is good but not structured.Half Life, has a great storyline, the game is designed perfectly, the games follow on. There is also additional games like Blue Shift and Opposing Force.

Between Halo and Half-Life, Half-Life will ALWAYS win... But I want to explain something that I never saw anyone mention... Lets talk about the 2 Companies... Lets first talk about greed. Bungie, O boy have alot of people wasted money to them, theyre whole Legendary packs and Heroic stuff... Sad thing is people bought them right away... Then got laughed at when they became free like a few months later... Then now with the new Halo game all the Map packs will be on the extra disk... And its lame that they LIMIT your online gaming just because you don't buy their stuff, as for Valve, well its simple... Orange Box... Thats all I'm gonna say... $60 for 5 games, even if 2 are previous games. Now people say Halo 3 is better now just because of Theatre and Forge. Well people, Source SDK and Source Recorder... Only difference is Theatre and Forge is more of a lazy job. Where when using Source SDK and Source Recorder you have COMPLETE freedom... And for Valve, well you have complete freedom to do ANYTHING with their games... You can make your own models for the game, skins, levels. I mean Valve is so awesome, you can even make Halo 3 a Half-Life 2 mod lol... You cant do that with any of Bungie's games. I would say that I like Halo, but I don't. At ALL, because of what they do with there customers. 

-reply by Stuntz

Actually Halo can be modified with more ease then half life. Hell, they even have their own map editors made by bungie. Halo custom edition is specifically made for customization. And the storyline is better. Half life two might have a better multiplayer service but it lacks many things halo 2 has. For example: Dual-wielding, Melee weapons, Complete customization for your character, and so on. 

-reply by Bigcoolpunk

Halo or Half-Life??Half Life.vs.halo

I think that they are both the same at gaming, good prices, fun, and all that other stuff. But Halo has online game play and SOME Half-Life games don't. I personally like Halo better because I just think its fun to play online with other people. I also like Half-Life BECAUSE the plot is easy to understand. In Halo you start out in who knows were and just start out from there. In Half-Life (the old one people) you start out in a cable car, thing on your way to Black Mesa. I agree with Bigcoolpunk too. Halo has a bunch of weapons that you can melee with. In Half-Life the only wapon you can really do some melee damnage with is the crowbar. The point is Valve: BIG company. Whoever made Halo: Very smart.

-reply by chris

I say HL2 ftwHalf Life.vs.halo

lol I found this post while looking for a halo 3 deagle skin for counterstrike but I feel I need to say something as a developer for half-life 2. In half-life 2, valve has given you the full option to do WHATEVER, WHENEVER. The closest thing to "developement" on Halo 3 is forge, in which, you place a bunch of objects on a pre-made map. I'm not a fan. I get more enjoyment out of making my own map from scratch.

also, half-life 2 uses old command line based tools. It reminds me of the WAYYYY old days of doom and wolfenstein 3d. People complain about how they need to change this, but I actually like it better like that.

:D

-reply by Daniel!

Too hard to compare if you ask me. Halo has the online multiplayer, which is an absolute blast to play with or without friends. I've had a lot of fun with it. On the other hand Half Life does not have multiplayer, online or offline. If does, however, have a deeper storyline, more weapons, and more to explore. It really depends on the sort of experience you're looking for. They both have their merits.

Halo is a game that I find to repetitive and there is no variety in the gameplay that is involved in both single player and multiplayer modes. I thought that as Halo progressed to UI system was getting less popular with me, the crosshair was not centered in the middle of the screen, which should be a factor for all FPS games. Also the story got weaker by each chapter, aliens after more aliens and so on, no variety.... Also the AI system is So, So. Each difficulty had a harder degree of damage impact and more damage done to the Master Cheif. No variating movements, enemy flack, etc. There was no interaction with the Halo engine, map making is hard, no as hard with Halo 3, but limited.Half Life 2, even Half Life 1, had a story that was much better, yes the theme is still aliens although it's a variety of different kinds, better characters, etc. Half Life 2 was astonishing with the release of the Source Engine and the story of the decade also following with The Episodes. "HL2 Episode 1 & 2"The Combine was the best enemy character to ever be created, such a mystery about them to. You also have all the enemy's from the Episode Pack. The interaction with the game was massive with the edition of the Source Engine. You could solve little puzzles that allow you to access certain areas. The vechiles were also good, makeshift vechile made from scrap parts with Gauss cannons on it. Map making and the mod community is very huge. Source SDK allows players to create close to anything.Hope this comparison brought some insight into these two game series'.

Half Life vs HaloHalf Life.vs.halo

half life is way better than halo will ever be, half life is way more fun, its got an amazing engine, even though its got less veichles than halo they're way better, its got a really good storyline while halo basically doesn't have a story line. Half lifes story line is very interesting and has lots of mystery to it like Gman, Xen and the combine. Bungie is some huge greedy company trying to make as much money as they can while Valve isn't greedy and does stuff like making steam so people can get games cheaper and making the orange box. 

Halo copied so many things eg:

.Half lifes head crab zombies

.Basically copied all of the book Enders Games' storyline(little kids turned into super soldiers, one of the kids turning into a super soldier and saving the human race from aliens, super soldier training,monitor=cortana, buggers=drones, and many other things)

.Star ship troopers

.Quite a bit of things from half life 

I think bungie could come up with something themselves.

-reply by fraser

I don't see where everyone is getting the "Half Life has a better storyline" both games have outstanding storylines. And I am a HUGE fan of both games! Halo is not repetitive by the way!

-reply by DudeMan