xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
beeseven

My Ipod Is Randomly Skipping Songs, Losing Data, regaining data, and freezing

This morning I was going to listen to some music, so I got my iPod, turned it on, and it reset (I hadn't had it plugged in for a while). When I got to the music, it would go through half of a song, then skip to the next. After doing this a couple times, it would just skip entire songs. It'd skip six or seven, then do half of one, then skip six or seven more.Later I looked on the internet for some ideas, so eventually I tried resetting it again, as instructed. This worked for a little bit, but then it started skipping over songs again. I reset again, and it lost all the data, then I reset once more and all the data came back. After that I tried playing some more things, but it kept skipping over parts or whole songs, and came close to freezing a couple times.Does anyone have any idea what could be happening and/or how to fix it? After it lost the data once I've been reluctant to touch it, so it's just sitting there charging.

hmmm.... ipod shuffle???isn't it supposed to shuffle betweens the songs???or are you actually using ipod mini??maybe fix it at the nearest apple centre.i wouldnt try to play with thhe chips stuff if it was me.prefer to leave it to the professionals.get your warranty card there.

try wiping it clean, then putting all the songs back on. Try using different computer, put i-tunes on it, and that should wipe the I-pod clean and just load your ipod back up. What happens is that if the Ipod can't read the song, it stutters, tries to play that part, and sometimes skips songs. try that, or else send it back in.

Yes, try to fix it in an apple center. if you try to repair it by yourself and something goes wrong the guarranty will not pay you anything.

What kind of ipod? Shuffle? mini?I have an ipod mini and it isn't as bad as yours, but one of my songs it starts playing the first 3 seconds of and skips it. That is the only song that it does that on though.It may be because the music files might be corrupt. If they were obtained illegaly that wouldn't be abnormal.Definitely talk to the proffesionals.

It's a regular 20GB. I'm going to try to update/restore it and if that doesn't work I'll take it to an Apple store.I got a big burst of irony this morning when I thought it was working, but then skipped half a song and went to "I Should've Known Better."

my friend's ipod hangs at times too, i just drained itb attery since i had it with be and i dont have its charger too~i prefer those smaller mp3s since it would less likely freeze @_@ill get some other portable device to handle other things that an ipod has, aisde from its playing capabilites @_@~i wasnt that fond of things that are all in one and such XD

Well lets see here......I wish i had ipod cuz then i wouldn't have burn cds and *BLEEP* cuz u can ge tin to troble for burning cds i mean big trouble i almost put in jail for burning cds and man it was *BLEEP*ed up ipods like 150 $ thats kinda alot for poor pplz so i'll probly get one some time real soon but i think u guys should get one

Ah yes, the "skipping song" iPod problem. I've spent the better part of two days trying to troubleshoot this with no success. Details: new computer (Windows Vista), two iPods (Nano & Mini), both song libraries saved to external hard drive, latest version of Itunes installed for each iPod, music transferred over to iTunes from external hard drive with no problem, and music transferred to each iPod. Problem: many/some songs on iPod stop while playing and next song in sequence starts. Songs on iTunes play perfectly with no stops. Both iPods Reset several times with mixed results; they both still stop before some/many songs end. What is the fix??? Going crazy here, a little help please!-SoCalFreddy

Try this procedure. Uncheck the songs that are skipping (it's usually all of the songs for one artist on my iPod). Then sync it. Then check them again. Then sync it. This forces the songs to be rewritten to the iPod. Mine is a couple of years old and I figure the HD is probably nearly dead. But what the heck - it was free - my daughter won it in Pepsi contest but she already had one and give it to me!-RedDog

The same crap is happening to my ipod, it skipps over I think right now I found 30 of my favorite songs skipping. It is really ticking me off. It seems that the only way to fix it is to dump everything and start from scratch which sucks because I had so many songs on there. I called the ipod place and they told me to bring it in but the closest place is 4 hours away. I have never had any other problems with it until after my brother put his on the same computer. If anyone has an answer that does not result in dumping every song please tell me.-reply by trackstar3099