xisto Community
Cain

Hosting Teamspeak Is it possible with the hosting packages

Hi, I was interested in hosting a TeamSpeak server for my squad and we originally considered that a member would simply host it from their own computer and leave it on for all the members to use, but for some reason, I got the impression that I might be able to host TeamSpeak on my site that I got through Xisto. Their website is http://www.goteamspeak.com/ . I was wondering if there was actually a way to host a program such as this so that we would actually have a server through the site. Also, I was wondering what kind of impact this might have on my bandwidth and such. But first I was wondering if it was possible at all to host the server through a Xisto site. Thanks for your help.

Lol, I dont think Xisto supports Teamspeak servers to be hosted here. This is bacause a Teamspeak server creates a much higher load then a webserver, as well as takes much more bandwith. Teamspeak is more someting you will see at gameserver providers, and I know one which offers them very cheap. The gameserver provider name is Escaped Turkey, http://www.escapedturkey.com/. They offer a 32 player teamspeak for just 5 dollar a month, which is the cheapest I've seen arround.Also, there are Teamspeak networks which give out free channels, but I guess you rather have a free server so you can set everything up as you want it to be...

Is anyone familiar with the free servers that are offered? What kind of control are you given and such. Thanks for the information though as to whether or not I can host a TeamSpeak server through Xisto. For some reason, I was under the impression that it would work. I suppose if the free servers don't work out for some reason we could simply have a member host the server from his computer for now, but if anyone has any information or past experience with the free servers, please tell me. Thanks once again.

Is anyone familiar with the free servers that are offered?  What kind of control are you given and such.  Thanks for the information though as to whether or not I can host a TeamSpeak server through Xisto.  For some reason, I was under the impression that it would work.  I suppose if the free servers don't work out for some reason we could simply have a member host the server from his computer for now, but if anyone has any information or past experience with the free servers, please tell me.  Thanks once again.

177393[/snapback]

With free teamspeak channels you usally get just a channel inside another server, with no control panel except the features built into teamspeak (Change password and stuff)

Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it. I think for the moment I will use one of the free channels that they offer until we can get someone from our squad to host it for us and then we will be all set. Thanks again.

Guys you are just kidding..Do you think the free webhost can do anything you wanna?no no no...you use your own computer for game server,yes,it's enough..no any free server,So confirmed,No.there wasn't some web host provider give you this permission.money paid for it,for the server,or you just could using your own computer..there is no such free lunch..even free webhost they all need "active",so do you know it..you can not host teamspear here.it's a web host "web" but not Game server.guangdian

You can always use the support through this forum, and moderators are very active around here, so you will get your questions and queries answered very quickly and then you dont need for the teamspeak...