xisto Community
midnightvamp

My First Sig Think you could let me know how I did?

Hey, I see so many good sigs on here, I thought that I'd try one out myself. Hey, I should give my Photoshop a work out every now and again, right? Wouldn't want it to just there and do nothing *all* the time, lol.

I'm pretty happy with it. 'Specially since it's my first go at it, but anyway, let me know what you like, don't like, what I could do better - that sort of thing. Thanks.

Posted Image

Ooh, it's not bad. The render is so cute! However, the background is a little plain and the colors don't go together so well. I would think that an extremely light background would blend the render and the background together a little better. The text is fine for the moment.7/10 - nice job on your first!

Ooh, it's not bad. The render is so cute! However, the background is a little plain and the colors don't go together so well. I would think that an extremely light background would blend the render and the background together a little better. The text is fine for the moment.

7/10 - nice job on your first!

176642[/snapback]

Okay, here, I tried to keep in mind with what you mentioned, and adjusted the image accordingly.

Here's the new one:

Posted Image

Is this better? Still a pretty plain background, but I'm not too sure about how to make all those fancy ones. I'll have to look up some tutorials on that. Mind you, with this render that I chose, the images are sort of 'dreamy-like' so I don't know if I want too much in the background anyway.

Still, will accept comments on both images here from anyone. Thanks!

First: Background is a little plain. It looks like you used filters. Brushes are so much better. I like the little fade thing on the second render. I should do that more often.

Second: See First.

Both: Resize the height. I used to use 400px by 150px, but that was against the TOS, so now, I'm using 333px by 125px.

If the background were a little more not plain, then your first sig would have been off the charts.

Here are some really good brushes: http://xaliasx.deviantart.com/gallery/

If you hover over each one, you'll see the description. Look for the ones with the word pack in the description. And if you need help installing the brushes, PM me.

Overall, you did pretty well for a vampire. I thought you guys are supposed to be sleeping now....

Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

Okay, here we go for a third time. Thanks for everyone's suggestions so far!

For the original background, I actually did use brushes. But the basic ones that come with Photoshop, nothing special there. I didn't use any filters in these images. And I like that fade thing too. I wanted to have another render, to make it a little more interesting. But I didn't want another one there, because then the visual focus wouldn't be there anymore.

I resized the height of the image, sorry, I wasn't aware that it was too big. I'll keep that in mind for the future.

I found the brushes, and managed to install them... but I'm still not good at using them. I'll have to play around with them more and get some practice. It's nice to have so many to choose from though.

Yes, I really should be sleeping... seeing as I was up for most of the night, doing all those vampiric things I hold so dear, but my laptop does call me to it, and like an entralled school-girl, I find myself gravitating towards it, like I haven't a will of my own.

Anyway, here's the third try:

Posted Image

Looks very good for a first shot. You should try to learn some text effects, they make the whole thing look much nicer. If you want a good site with plenty of good tutorials, you can try:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ how I learned to use Photoshop.

Third try looks great. And the text effects look just fine to me, I just would've taken a different font. But yeah, very nice job for a first sig. You should do it more often. :)@Nguyen -- The sig size is currently being reworked, so no need to worry about it just yet.

I like the third try the best. Very nice :)

they are improving. i like the third one the best. i guess you could possibly try some different fonts but the one you are using doesnt look bad. its actually pretty nice, especially for a first.

the all look good esepecially the third one i have lowered the render with the top part chopped off it fill to make it look better, but nice use of the colors though.