xisto Community
brawler

Asp Or Php

which do you think is better and why? ASP? or PHP? they do the same things but you have to pay to get ASP hosting so it's hard to use. Not the actuall language, just what you need to get started on the internet with it.

PHP is better in the long run, I believe. Better compatibility with MySQL and it's easier to learn.

I agree, PHP is free and this means it is generally supported by more hosts. It also means a lot of people have made free tutorials and scripts to help those wishing to learn. From what I can see, ASP and PHP are similar in their functionality. While they each have their own good points and bad points, I think PHP wins out because it is so well supported.This comes from a person that has tried Coldfusion (CFM), ASP and PHP... (I could never quite get my head around CGI)

I have learnt PHP but not ASP as PHP is easier, more widely supported, works better and its faster. As PHP is free you can install it on your home PC to test scripts and more hosts will support it, especially those with Linux etc servers.

As PHP is free you can install it on your home PC to test scripts and more hosts will support it, especially those with Linux etc servers.

ASP is free to use on your home PC too as it's already installed with IIS.

For me, PHP is a wonderful, fast, and easy-to-learn scripting language. I'm sure that you will really love it, and it runs in all kinds of system! And, PHP is a lot faster than ASP, believe me. There are many forums who uses ASP, then after having many members in their forums, their server is really slow. After switching to PHP, even if they had more than a hundred thousand members, their system is still fast and stable! :)

I agree with PHP being better, as I have developed several sites using ASP (including a corporate intranet), and all I can say is that there are so many PHP modules out there that you have a greater variety of built-in functions for use when you're scripting PHP.. With ASP it seems I had to reinvent the wheel so many times it got boring real fast...

ASP and PHP are definitely used mostly for database connections. Many programmers do not have other reasons to use them if there is no need for database connection.But, answer to the question ASP or PHP would not be so simple. I am using both and I have to say that, I am using ASP for MS SQL Server, MS Access connections, and PHP for MySQL connections. So it depends on the database platform I am using. PHP and MySQL is good, reliable, fast, scalable, longterm solid decision. Why? It is free (if you do not want support from MySQL AB), it is proven to work good (I have good experience).

PHP is, in my opinion, way way better than ASP. I started out using ASP, but quickly switched to PHP. PHP has much better documentation and has stricter syntax, which is easier to avoid errors.Go PHP!!

Hello ASP is esayto learn compare to PHP.PHP has free resourece also it is compatible with My SQL on other side ASP is Compatible with Microsoft Technology.I think Php have more function compare to ASP.Microsoft Upgrade ASP constantly.SO it not problem in ASP and PHp IT MUST REQUIRE THAT YOU KNOW ALL THING WHICH YOU HAVE SELECTED.

PHP better then ASP.But ASP.NET is still better then PHP. I know PH and ASP.NETASP.NET has got real power and easy to use features. But is costly. But still Is Better.Not Sure About ASP. But its good too. Though not better then PHP.