xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brawler

Game Everyone Has But You

You know how everybody has this one game but you don't or you don't like it for some reason or you've never understood why it's sooooo good. Let me give you an example

Halo 1 and 2

I've played Halo2 once. I don't know why everyone thinks it's so great. I thought it was absolutly terrible. (i played multiplayer with another 3 people). All i did was run around and tried killing people with wierd-*bottom* weapons.

Counter Strike

Counter Strike is just another run around, kill him, pick up this weapon, use it on them. Never played it, but what i've seen it looks like crap. I could make a more entertaining game on Game Maker(a shithouse game making program)

Don't own either of the game and played Halo2 once - thought it was crap.

What do you like then? Cuz' from the sound of it, you don't like the typical shoot em up blood guts stuff person. But your name "brawler" begs to differ. I admit CS isn't that great, but when it first came out, it was top of the line. For example, everyone should remember Super Mario, top of the line when it came out, everyone loved it, now its a nostalgic thing of the past. Don't go dissing Halo 2, its fun, graphics are good, and well its fun fun. Especially the Co-Op missions. For Christmas one of my friends got Halo 2, so on boxing day we played till we beat the game. Eyes tired, thumbs sore, but it was a good way to spend Boxing Day instead of at the stores. But, I've got to say I am sick of the Blood Gulch map.Errm..I guess its really up to you and what you like. Your entitled to your own opinion and so am I.

Strategy games are the best genre of game. TCT series is awesome, because you can do the same level over and over making different choices on how to do something. The name "Brawler" comes from Total Annihilation, a war STRATEGY

the game i dont have and every1 else has is half life 2 and world of warcraft my comp is to slow to run eithe of them id really like to get them though

Half Life 2, Doom 3, Halo 1 & 2, GTA (3, Vice City, San Andreas - I only have the first original 2D one :ph34r:), World of Warcraft... the list goes on. Basically anything recent that's popular. My computer is getting on...

Pretty much all the big time FPS.I can't stand to play them because of the sheer skill of the regular players.Counter Strike is nearly impossible for a newbie to get into...mainly because most of the people I've played with are *BLEEP*s. I played for a good 6 hours...and after hearing "Haha n00b got owned" and "Nice Aim hack, cheater" from everyone who either killed me or were killed by me really turned me off. Halo 2 on XBOX Live was an experience I'd rather not relive. First, unless your really dedicated, you don't really stand a chance. Second, the amount of people I played with yelled out more vulgarities then Eminem trying to open a bottle of asprin. I really dislike being cussed out via microphone while trying to at least not die.I also don't have World of Warcraft...mainly because I didn't want to get envelopped in another MMORPG after Anarchy Online ruined a nice relationship I was in. =(

Halo 2I don't have an Xbox, all of my friends do. It's quite fun, even though fps' aren't my style. It makes me secoond-guess my decision to buy a PS2.GTAI'm sadly not allowed to play very violent games because of my dumb sister. She was screaming when she saw the Gohma spider dude from Wind Waker. WIND WAKER! Plus, my parents don't like swearing. Turning the volume down is no prob, but I would loose a lot of the funny parts. So I'll be forced to borrow it from a friend and play it at night when no one can catch me.

I don't have halo 1/2... My pc can run halo 1, but I don't have internet, and I don't have an xbox for halo 2. Personally, halo single player sucks. It's only good for LAN wars.Doom 3. Walk down a dark hallway, see a glowing pentagram. Monster spawns from pentagram. Kill. Walk down hallway, open door. Shoot monster. Repeat.Gran Tourismo 4. Personally, all the freaking hit a wall and lose 10 second penalties turned me off.Counterstrike. Not that I don't like it, but I don't have net on my computer. Same with HL2.C&C generals/tiberium sun. I love them, but just haven't bought them yet.

The reason why so many people played / still play CS is because the game was the first pretty good FPS game (well in those times...), it doesn't require a very good computer to run (Pentium 3 can handle it with ease) and the competition scene is still very big. Also its funny just to play once in a while, frag some friends play some funny **bottom** maps, etc.

Well this is mainly directed at brawler I think its really unwise to Diss somthing you know nothing at all about. It sounds like you never palyed halo 2 single player, co op or even a good death match you got put into probably a 4 way ffa and they were jsut laughing at your newbness the entire time. I think if you tried to play it again by your self and give your self a little while to get use to the controls your mind would really change towards this great game. However i do have a few games i hate... well one in paticular now before i start dissing this game let me just say that i have played it for a good 20 hours... thats quite a while and i know a fair amount what im talking about. SUPER SMASH BROTHERS MELEE!! I abbsoutly hate this overrated piece of kiddy crap. Its a remotely good fighter for partys with lots of freinds over its nothing that great by any means, The maps arnt that great nor are the graphics by any means the music is annoying as *BLEEP* and they try to make the game so coo by having "clasics" like ice climers i mean omg like some one said before the game and all the charecters in it make me nothing but nostalgic. Not to mention thats still all the game cube people talk about. people it was a launch game of the cube on november 18 2001 In all that time does the game cube only have one game even remotely worth talking about? Well then again i guess people dont call it the "*happy* Cube" for nothing.