xisto Community
fable_geddes

Check Out My First Sig Tell me what u think

I'll just have to edit the size

176425[/snapback]

Yep. A lot.

Generally signatures are wider than they are high, so the proportions are a bit off. You may have to cut off some of it. Otherwise, the text looks kinda cool, but so far it's just a picture (with monotone colour) with some words. Get some different colours on it, a border, better size, and try some effects to make it more "yours". Keep at it :)

Colors! Colors! Colors! and more colors! Black and white and grey make it too bland. You need to add some effects.(Not with teh text) With some good effects it might not matter if its black and white and grey. But there is one upside, I like the font, its pretty cool looking.(Not including the flames) You might want to try to find some better renders for Fable, unless of course that your char.

Wow...if i said what i thought.....yah...vvv toned down vvvWell, the text sucks man. The fire effect is ok but it could have been smudged by the smudge tool to make it look more real. The font is not one of the best ones out there and the drop shadow with no bevel makes it look weird. The background is just a screenshot with ctrl+u(hue/saturation) added... There needs to be a border try a 1px black for your first time. I guess its.......decent.. but for your first time ill give it a 7/10. Im a hard critic so dont take me too seriously =P

fable, your current 2 signatures are very well done.

176604[/snapback]

I believe someone made those for him since the title of this thread is "Check Out My First Sig".

Anyway, the sig is way too big. If you were to append that to your current, I would probably have to ban you since your signature space takes up way too much space already. Besides, that, the max that a sig can be is 590 px wide by 125 px wide: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/77393-welcome-to-xisto-open-discussion-free-web-hosting/

Other than that, what you made looks a little basic. I think that you just found a random picture (not a render) with that background, changed the hue/saturation, and then added firey text.

Apart from reducing the size of the sig, try adding come colours (as several members here suggested). The text effects are really neat, but the grey-tinted image in the background makes it more bland. If you have Fireworks, GIMP, Photoshop, etc., experiement with some tools and see what you can come up with.

it's too much of a screenshot and not enough of a creative art piece

176665[/snapback]

That, and it's frickin HUGE. If I see a sig that big in someone's sig spot you're going DOWN. Admin style. :)

:) fable_geddes your first sign looks nice for me (it's my point) and I bealyve you will do it better and better.Actualy guys I like all of yours signs but I just don't get it way you guys are creating them? It's just for fun or it is and something more?Maybe and I should create one too ?

I'll just have to edit the size

176425[/snapback]

Hahaha you gave me a very good laugh! Your "signature" (hehe xD) isnt very good in my eyes, it contains almost no image editing of any kind, and the text effect isnt really nice...

But gg still :)

to me it looks like all you did was take a screenshot and use color balance on it, and then found a text tutorial for flaming text. first, reduce the size (you already know that though). reduce the size of the render to a size that fits nicely in the sig. maybe cut out the render and make your own background to give it more creativity and uniqueness. the text is okay, i just dont think that it matches the render or colors at all. maybe try another font, change the color of the background. just because your first 'sig' didnt turn out great, just keep making more. once you learn a few techniques that look nice, your sigs will improve quickly.