xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cumar11

Directv Or Dish Network?

Simple enough... I am ready to order just need some reason to choose one or the other. I want 3 rooms, one room with PVR and the others with just sat. Comments please!!! DISH - 180 channels with 1 PVR and 2 Rooms $49.99 down and 59.00 a month is what Im leaning towards right now.

I'd go for Dish Network, I mean it's fairly cheaper and I think you get more channels than cable or any other provider with a 'Default' package. I've always used cable though, since it's more reliable than Dish or Direct TV on my concerns...

i would go digital cable its more reliable, due to the fact that you needa signal in order to get that satellite feed on it, which is not as reliable but i would have to with direct, disk network is losing its flavor.

If you had to go with anything without prices/channel line up information I would go with DirectTV I have had it for years and I am very happy with it. If you can find out that stuff just go with what company offers more for less.

with satelite dish you get about 1000 channels while with directTV its only 125 channel and their prices are not that far apart. If you want more channel then get a satelite dish but when it rains or snows you might have no service.

Both DirecTV and Dish Network are very similar with great products and top notch customer service but there are several notable differences that should be mentioned. First is the pricing structure. Dish network is set up to be a little cheaper to enter while DirecTV is designed to offer more choice. Direct TV has been around longer while boasting a larger user base than Dish Network. DirecTV does also offer some exclusive programming that dish network can not offer such as the NFL Sunday Ticket package, TV One, Fine Living, Fox Reality, and PBS Kids. The NFL Sunday Ticket Package offers a great view of just about every NFL football game in the season, however, Dish network does a good job at hitting the more common channels for a decent price.

Cable

On one side you have cable. This is the standard choice for many because it is what they know. Cable was around for a long time in mainstream television and therefore you go with what you know. Cable now offers many more channels than it once did. You can get high definition systems as well as such products that can record shows for you. Cable programming is versatile, taking in many of the various needs the consumers have. But, the price of cable is something that throws many off. To get the good stuff, youll have to pay for it.

Direct TV

On the other side, you have Direct TV. While the equipment to use Direct TV may be more expensive, it is often offered at discounted price or even offered for free when you subscribe to the right options. Direct TV offers a lower price then. And, it does offer more channels as well. Does that mean that they are going to be ones that interest you? We still think youll find that with 135 channels, there is still nothing good on at times. You also can get into digital options as well as high definition quality.

The Bottom Line

The bottom line comes down to the fact that you can get more from Direct TV than you can from standard cable and it will likely cost you less. Is it the right option for you? Check out the pricing plans that are available to make that final decision on Direct TV.

For more information please see http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Simple enough...
I am ready to order just need some reason to choose one or the other.

I want 3 rooms, one room with PVR and the others with just sat.

Comments please!!!

DISH - 180 channels with 1 PVR and 2 Rooms $49.99 down and 59.00 a month is what Im leaning towards right now.

Cumar11,

Hi my name is Alicia, I'm with the Executive Offices of DISH Network. I know this was posted some time ago but I wanted to respond for anyone else out there debating on new service. DISH Network prides it's self on remaining the lowest all digital pay TV provider. We have the latest in cutting edge technology and equipment. We continue to offer the lowest everyday price in the pay-TV industry, saving our customers money every month as compared to our competitors!What sets us apart is that we are taking unprecedented actions by giving customers a price freeze on all DISH America and America's Top packages (excluding AEP) until 2013 and we currently have some great promotions going on right now for new and existing customers. We have great deals if your looking at adding blockbuster, phone, or internet as well. What every your entertainment or budget needs we have what your looking for. Feel free to email me directly for any questions, concerns or feedback regarding anything. Alicia.Brink@Dishnetwork.com